當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第122期:富裕舒適

迷你對話學地道口語第122期:富裕舒適

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.14W 次

迷你對話:

ing-bottom: 40.94%;">迷你對話學地道口語第122期:富裕舒適

A:To my surprise, John seems to be very unsatisfied with his wife. I think they are well-off.

約翰對他的妻子不滿,這可真奇怪。我還以爲他們是恩愛夫妻了。

B:It’s natural. John’s neighbors are in fat city.

這很正常,他們的鄰居生活條件都很好。

A:I see, to catch up with the Johnson’, isn’t it?

原來是這樣,要趕時髦啊,不是麼?

地道表達:

fat city:舒適成功的條件

解詞釋義:

fat本義是“油膩的”,引申爲“富裕的,茂盛的”,而city是泛指“地方,地域”。fat city原意是“極爲舒適的生活環境,富裕”,後引申爲“舒適成功的條件”。

支持範例:

can tell that that guy is in fat city .

看得出那個男孩生活富裕。

can tell by their car that they are in fat city.

看他們的車你就能知道他們生活富裕。

used to live a dog's life, but now we are in fat city.

那時我們過着豬狗不如的生活,如今大家都富裕起來了。

gathered up the gold coins, carried them away and was in fat city for the rest of her life.

她拾起金幣帶走,從此她一生都過着非常富裕的生活。

詞海拾貝:

1.to one’s surprise:令人驚奇的是

my surprise, he was not hurt in spite of his fall.

使我驚奇的是,他摔了下來,卻沒有受傷。

my surprise, she drank up the whole bottle of wine

使我驚奇的是她把一瓶酒全喝了。

my surprise, he refused to cooperate with us.

令我吃驚的是,他不肯與我們合作。

Eg.I thought he would be angry but to my surprise he smiled.

我想他會生氣的,但是想不到他微笑了。

2.be satisfied with:對......滿意,對......滿足

Eg.I can guarantee that you will be satisfied with the result.

我保證你會對這個結果滿意。

Eg.I am sorry to say I am not satisfied with your homework.

很遺憾我對你的家庭作業不滿意。

Eg.I' m not at all satisfied with the present situation.

我對現狀一點也不滿足。

was not satisfied with the drama critic panning hisnew play.

他不滿於這位戲劇批評家對自己新劇本的苛評。

3.well-off:手頭寬裕的,繁榮昌盛的

Eg.I am well-off for winter clothing.

我的冬衣很充裕。

the whole, the people have reached a well-off standard of living.

人民生活總體上達到小康水平。

used to live a dog's life, but now we are all well-off.

那時我們過着豬狗不如的生活,如今大家都富裕起來了。

gh every one in my family works hard, we are not at all well-off.

雖說我家人人都賣力幹活,但是生活卻並不寬裕。

4.catch up with:趕上

's hurry and catch up with the group ahead.

我們快點,趕上前面的那一夥人。

order to catch up with her comrade, her work hard.

爲了趕上她的同志,她努力工作。

they arrived early ten minutes, just they catch up with the airliner.

他們要是早十分鐘到的話,他們就趕上班機了。

evil ways will certainly catch up with her.

她的惡劣行爲必將使她自食其果。

特別聲明:該節目迷你對話精選自口語書籍,其餘講解爲未經可可許可請勿轉載。