當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第224期:淡忘

迷你對話學地道口語第224期:淡忘

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.52W 次

迷你對話:

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第224期:淡忘

A: I will never forget Linda. After all, she was my first lover.

我總也忘不了Linda。畢竟,她是我的初戀情人。

B: I think you’ll lay it to rest with the time flying.

我想睡着時間的流逝,你會淡忘這件事情的。

A: I remember that someone says that it is difficult to forget the people who don’t want to gorget.

我記得有人說,對於不想忘記的人來說,忘記是件困難的事情。

B: But I think time can change everything.

但是我認爲時間可以改變一切。

地道表達:

lay to rest

解詞釋義

lay to rest的原意是“埋葬,消除”,在使用中引申爲“淡忘,擱置”。

支持範例:

Her doubts were quickly laid to rest when he arrived as he had promised

當他按約到來以後,她的疑慮頓時就煙消雲散了。

If we catch the criminal , their fears will be laid to rest.

如果抓到罪犯,人們的恐懼就消失了。

I'm glad that ridiculous plan has finally been laid to rest.

我很高興那個可笑的計劃終於被取消了。

That affair was laid to rest many years ago. Don't go and resurrect it again.

那件事幾年前就無人過問了, 別去翻老賬了。

詞海拾貝:

1. with the time flying:隨着時間流逝

Eg. With the time flying, the division between the two countries have healed over.

隨着時間的流逝,兩國之間的分歧已經彌合了。

Eg. With time flying, my memory seems to get worse.

隨着時間的流逝, 我的記憶力似乎越來越差.

Eg. The letters on this gravestone have worn away with time flying.

隨着時間的流逝,碑文已磨損了。

Eg. With the time flying, they forgot their bitter sufferings.

隨着時間的流逝,他們忘卻了所遭受的苦難。

2. after all:畢竟,終究

Eg. Don't blame on him, after all, he is a green hand.

不要責備他,他畢竟是個新手。

Eg. I must help her. After all, she's my own flesh and blood.

我必須幫助她。她畢竟是我的親人。

3. one’s first lover某人的初戀情人