當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第2021期:捷徑

迷你對話學地道口語第2021期:捷徑

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.43W 次

情景對話:

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第2021期:捷徑

A: Did you hear the report yesterday?

昨天去聽報告了嗎?

B: Yeah, the reporter is so young but so successful.

聽了,那個人真是年輕有爲。

A: He must pay a lot of price.

他肯定爲此付出了很大的代價。

B : Why do you say like that?

你爲什麼這麼說?

A: Because there is no royal road to success.

因爲成功無坦途嘛。

1. 詞海拾貝

royal road ( to something )

exp. An easy or direct way of achieving a desired end. (捷徑

e.g. Each year, people flock to Hollywood, hoping to find the royal road to fame and fortune.

每年,人們都涌向好萊塢,希望找到成名致富的捷徑。

e.g. His family's wealth and status put him on the royal road to success from the moment he was born.

從他出生的那一刻起,他家族的財富和地位就使他走上了成功之路。

2. 語彙積累

1. pay a price:付出代價

e.g. The American people are willing to pay a price for energy independence.

美國人民願意爲能源自立付出代價。

e.g. If you want to survive and prosper, there is a price to play.

如果你想生存下去並且過得好,就要付出代價。

e.g. All we do is cut each other's throats and make the public pay a price for it.

我們所做所爲是爾虞我詐,讓衆人付出代價。

2. like that:那樣,如此,就像那樣的

e.g. Be nicer to him. You shouldn't mess around with him like that.

對他好些, 你不該對他如此隨便。

e.g. I'm going to start a shop like that. I'll need a foreman.

我預備開辦一間象這樣的工場,我需要一個管工。

e.g. I don't like people who go around bleating out things like that.

我不喜歡跑來跑去講那種蠢話的人。