迷你對話學地道口語第1201期:看得入迷不捨離開
第一, 迷你對話
A: Did you go to visit the art gallery last Sunday?
上週,你去參觀美術展覽了嗎?
B: Yes, I did.
我去了。
A: What did you think of it?
你覺得如何?
B: It was really amazing. It is pity you missed it. Many visitors wouldn’t tear themselves away from the paintings. It is indeed a great feast of eyes.
真是棒極了。可惜你沒去。很多參觀的人看那些展出的畫看得入迷而不想離去,在那你真是一飽眼福。
A: Really? I am going to the art gallery in the afternoon.
真的嗎?我下午去看展覽。
B: I myself want to visit it again.
我自己也想再去一次。
A: Great. Let’s go together.
好啊,我們一起去。
第二, 地道表達
not tear oneself away from
1. 解詞釋義
Not tear oneself away from的意思是“不能把自己從……拉開”,引申爲“因爲入迷而捨不得離開”。
2. 拓展範例
e.g. I couldn't tear myself away from the beautiful mountains.
我捨不得離開這美麗的山川。
e.g. He could not tear himself away from the book.
他放不下那本書。
第三, 咬文嚼字
a great feast of eyes:視覺大餐,一飽眼福
e.g. The scene was a feast of the eyes.
這場景真令人賞心悅目。
e.g. The exhibition is a feast of the eyes.
展品琳琅滿目,美不勝收。