當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第2051期:使人迷戀,使人愛慕

迷你對話學地道口語第2051期:使人迷戀,使人愛慕

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.55W 次

情景對話:

ing-bottom: 66.56%;">迷你對話學地道口語第2051期:使人迷戀,使人愛慕

A: Look, Jack is taking out a new girl.

瞧,傑克又換了個女朋友。

B: I just can't understand why girls keep being swept off their foot by that good-for-nothing windbag.

搞不懂這些女孩子們爲什麼都對這個什麼都不好還淨嚼舌頭的人情有獨鍾。

A: That's easy. He's the most handsome by I ever met.

那還不容易,他可是我見過的最帥氣的小夥子。

一, 詞海拾貝

sweep someone off one’s feet

exp. To cause someone to be admiring or infatuated. (使人狂熱,使人迷戀,使人愛慕

e.g. Dick was so crazy about Jane that he threw himself at her feet. Jane was swept off her feet and they're getting married next Tuesday.

迪克實在是愛簡,他完全拜倒在她的石榴裙下。這一下使得簡感到飄飄然,不由自主了,他們竟然決定下星期二就結婚。

e.g. Hal, I know how anxious you are to get married and start a family. But don't let yourself get swept off your feet by a pretty face: think about what you are doing before you get caught.

Hal,我知道你是非常急於結婚成家,但是你不要被一張漂亮的臉弄得昏昏然的。在問題還沒有發生前,你得腦子清楚一些,明白自己到底在幹什麼。

A: Is Lucy still gushing about her new boyfriend?

露西還在滔滔不絕地談論她的新男友嗎?

B: Yeah, he must have really swept her off her feet.

是啊,他一定讓她神魂顛倒了。

二, 語彙積累

1. take out:邀請某人外出

e.g. She asked if she could take me out sometime for dinner or a movie.

她問能不能找個時間帶我出去吃頓飯或者看個電影。

e.g. I'm taking out my parents to dinner to thank them for their help.

我要帶我父母去吃飯,以感謝他們的幫助。

2. good for nothing:毫無價值

e.g. Everybody has his own merits and demerits. One should never think that he is perfect while others are all good for nothing.

每個人都有自己的優點和缺點,不要把別人都看成百無一是, 把自己看成十全十美。

e.g. My evidence would be good for nothing.

我的證明是毫無用處的。