當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1343期:使泄氣,使氣餒

迷你對話學地道口語第1343期:使泄氣,使氣餒

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.49W 次

第一,迷你對話
A: Smith is always talking big. Smith.

迷你對話學地道口語第1343期:使泄氣,使氣餒

總是喜歡說大話。

B: He will get the wind taken out of his sails some day.

總有一天他會被揭穿的。

A: He should be given a lesson.

他應該得到教訓。

第二,地道表達

get the wind taken out of his sails

解詞釋義

Get the wind taken out of one's sail的意思是:(言論或行動)讓某人感到泄氣,使某人失去自信。其英文釋義爲:make somebody suddenly less confident or angry, especially when you do or say something that they do not expect。

拓展範例

E.g. Sam told me he couldn't join my has taken the wind out of my sails.

薩姆告訴我他不來參加我的聚會了,這讓我很是泄氣。

E.g. She thought she'd won, but when I told her the letter was a scam, it really took the wind out of her sails.

她認爲她贏了,但是當我告訴她這份信是個騙局的時候,真令她泄氣。

E.g. John was bragging about how much money he earned until he learned that most of us make more. That took the wind out of his sails.

John一直在吹噓她可以掙多少錢,當他知道我們大多數人掙的更多的時候,他泄氣了。

第三,好詞妙語

talk big:吹牛,說大話

E.g. He likes to talk big as though he was an important person.

他老愛說大話,就彷彿他是一位要人似的。

E.g. We dislike those who talk big and do nothing.

我們不喜歡那些專講大話而不做事的人。

give sb. a lesson:教訓某人

E.g. You see! He didn't even give me food this morning again. I will give him a lesson.

你看!他早上又沒有給我食物。我要給他個教訓。

E.g. If you keep on pissing my sister around, I'll give you a lesson.

如果你繼續要糊弄我妹妹的話,我一定要教訓你。