當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1972期:別灰心 ,彆氣餒

迷你對話學地道口語第1972期:別灰心 ,彆氣餒

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.56W 次

第一, 情景對話

padding-bottom: 222.22%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1972期:別灰心 ,彆氣餒

A: You look rather down these days. What's the matter?

你最近看起來悶悶不樂,怎麼回事?

B: I failed in the exam on mathematies again. I have tried my best. Maybe I am not cut out for it.

我的數學又沒及格,我已經盡了最大的努力,也許我天生就不適合學數學。

A: Never say die. You have made some progress, haven't you? Keep studying and you'll succeed in the end.

彆氣餒,你不是已經有所進步了嗎?堅持下去,你一定會成功的。

B: Thanks for your encouragement.

謝謝你的鼓勵。

第二, 詞海拾貝

Never say die. (別灰心,彆氣餒)

e.g. Never say die!We might still get there on time.

別泄氣,我們仍有可能按時趕到那裏。

e.g. No matter how many things go wrong, never say die—we'll find a way to finish this on time.

不管出了多少岔子,別灰心,我們會想出辦法按時完成的。

e.g. ——I'll never be any good at guitar. ——Hey, never say die! You just need to practice.

——我永遠也彈不好吉他。——嘿,永不言敗!你只需要練習。

e.g. ——I don't think I can finish this project in time. ——Never say die.

——我想我不能按時完成這個項目。——別灰心。

第三, 語彙積累

1. look down:看起來垂頭喪氣的

You look down today. What's wrong with you?

你今天看起來悶悶不樂,出了什麼事?

2. try one’s best:盡力

e.g. I try my best, but the coach finds fault with everything I do.

我已經盡力了,但是教練仍然百般對我做的每一件事挑剔。

e.g. Well, when you ask me for something reasonable, I always try my best to do it.

唔,當你要求我做一件有理由的事情時,我總是盡我最大的努力去做的。

3. be cut out for:適合於……

e.g. I guess they just weren't cut out for each other.

我想他們只是不適合彼此。

e.g. I don't think I'm cut out for politics.

我信爲我不是搞政治的材料。

e.g. "You're going to have your work cut out for you," he said.

他說:“有現成的工作在等着你們。”

4. make progress:取得進步,取得進展

e.g. It was a long time before we seemed to make progress.

好長時間後,我們才似乎有了點兒眉目。

e.g. So you make progress with Miss Barkley?

原來你和巴克萊小姐的關係有進展了?

e.g. Modesty helps one to make progress, conceit makes one lag behind.

虛心使人進步,驕傲使人落後。