當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第162期:控制掌控

迷你對話學地道口語第162期:控制掌控

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.2W 次

特別聲明:

ing-bottom: 75.31%;">迷你對話學地道口語第162期:控制掌控

改節目中的迷你對話選自口語書籍,其餘部分均爲未經可可許可請勿轉載。

迷你對話:

A: You had better get a grab instead of getting upset about little things.

你最好控制一下自己,而不要爲一點小事就大發脾氣。

B: I know. But my life seems super stressful. I really don’t know how to get a better grab on things.

我知道,但是我的生活壓力很大,我真不知道我如何去掌握我的生活。

B: I think as long as you try your best and don’t think of anything too much, everything will be all right.

我覺得,只要你盡力了,不要想那麼多,一切都會好起來的。

地道表達:

get a grab

解詞釋義:

grab原來的意思是“握緊”。如果一個人能夠握緊自己的生活,則表示他能夠充分支配,控制生活的各方面,因此在俚語中是“控制,掌控”的意思。如果要表示控制,掌控什麼,在習語的後面加上介詞on即可,即:get a grab on something。

支持範例:

If he wants to hold that job, he'd better get a grab on himself and settle down to work

如他想保住那份工作,他最好管住自己並認真工作。

If you don't get a grab on yourself you will go mad.

如果你不控制自己的情緒,你會瘋的。

Juliet went white with shock and tried to get a grab on herself.

茱麗葉震驚得臉色蒼白,並努力控制自己的情緒。

If you do not get a grab on yourself , you are condemning yourself to an entire life buffeted by the winds of emotional whim.

如果你無法控制自己情緒,你的一生將會因爲不時的情緒衝動而受害。

詞海拾貝:

instead of:而不是

Eg. He was let off with a fine instead of being sent to prison.

他沒有坐牢,而只是受罰款了事。

Eg. Would you prefer that I come on Monday instead of on Tuesday?

你是喜歡讓我星期一來而不是星期二來嗎?

get upset about:因......而心煩意亂的

Eg. It's nothing to get upset about.

沒有什麼可苦惱的。

Eg. No need to get so upset about that.

這事用不着如此不安。

as long as:只要

Eg. You can keep these records as long as you like.

這些唱片你願意保留多久都行。

Eg. What does it signify if you are rich or poor,as long as you are happy?

如果你過得很幸福,那麼窮富又算得了什麼呢?

try one’s best:盡力

Eg. I try my best, but the coach finds fault with everything I do.

我已經盡力了,但是教練仍然百般對我做的每一件事挑剔。

Eg. In so far as my ability, I will try my best to help you.

在我的能力所及之處,我會盡力去幫助你。

think of:想,思考

Eg. I felt so shy that I could think of nothing to say.

我感到忐忑不安,想不出一句好說的話來。

Eg. She could think of nothing but Edward .

她一心只思念着 Edward。