當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第959期:留有一招,錦囊妙計

迷你對話學地道口語第959期:留有一招,錦囊妙計

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.11W 次

第一, 迷你對話

ing-bottom: 75%;">迷你對話學地道口語第959期:留有一招,錦囊妙計

A: He suspects you are having something nasty up your sleeve for him.

你懷疑他對你藏奸。

B: What a man he thinks that I would be?

他把我想成什麼人了?

A: Don’t be so angry. I think maybe someone says something to him behind you.

別生氣,也許是有人在背後對他說了些什麼。

B: Who does such a senseless thing?

誰幹的這等無聊的事情。

A: Who knows? But you must know there are really such people.

誰知道?但是你必須明白的確有這樣的人存在。

第二, 地道表達

have… up one’s sleeve

1. 解詞釋義

Have…up one’s sleeve的最早形式是have a card/an ace up one’s sleeve,表示“玩牌作弊,先把牌藏好來”,比喻爲“留有後手”。那麼,have…up one’s sleeve表示“把……留有一招”“留有錦囊妙計”的意思。也可以寫作keep up one’s sleeve

2. 拓展範例

e.g. Have you any ideas up your sleeve if our money runs out ?

要是我們錢用光了你有什麼錦囊妙計?

e.g. I don't know what you have up your sleeve now.

我不知你現在有什麼高招。

e.g. Now, let me see. What could you have had up your sleeve, Mrs. Hamilton?

現在讓我猜猜,你到底打的什麼主意,漢密爾頓太太?

e.g. It looks as though they have been defeated, but they may have something up their sleeve.

看起來他們好像一敗塗地,但說不定他們有錦囊妙計。

第三, 口語短句

What a man he thinks that I would be.

翻譯:他把我想成什麼人了?

There are really such people.

翻譯:確實有這樣的人存在。