當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第993期:登門拜訪

迷你對話學地道口語第993期:登門拜訪

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.72W 次

第一, 迷你對話

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第993期:登門拜訪

A: Tom and I have broken up.

Tom和我已經分手了。

B: Really? I’m afraid that he can’t face the music.

真的嗎?恐怕他沒法面對現實。

A: I’ve said all there is to him. I don’t want him to knock my door again.

我已經把該講的話都對他說了,我希望他在來找我了。

B: It seems that I must go to his home and cheer him up.

看起來我要去他家安慰下他了。

第二, 地道表達

knock one’s door

1. 解詞釋義

Knock one’s door的意思是“登門拜訪”。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. I've never knock his door myself, though I know him so well.

我自己從來沒有貿然登門拜訪過他,雖然我很瞭解他。

e.g. He followed up his letter and knock her door the next week.

他發了一封信,第二個星期又親自登門拜訪。

e.g. He received a broad hint that they did not want him to knock his door again.

他得到明顯的暗示,他們不要他再來登門拜訪了。

第三, 咬文嚼字

1. break up:分手

e.g. What will happen to the children if Peter and Alice break up ?

如果彼得和愛麗絲離婚孩子們將怎麼辦?

e.g. She has been depressed since she broke up with her boyfriend.

她自從與男朋友斷絕關係以來一直情緒消沉。

2. face the music:面對現實

e.g. After he was caught with the stolen goods, he had to face the music.

他偷竊物品被逮到,他必須接受應得的懲罰。

e.g. You' ve been caught cheating now you must face the music.

你的騙局已經戳穿--這下子你得自食其果了。

3. cheer sb. up:使某人開心

e.g. Her husband took her to the concert to cheer her up.

爲使她高興起來,她丈夫帶她去聽音樂會。

e.g. We all tried to cheer her up, but she continued to feel sad.

我們試著讓她看開一點,但是她仍然感到傷悲。