當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第939期:聽到風聲

迷你對話學地道口語第939期:聽到風聲

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.96W 次

第一, 迷你對話

ing-bottom: 105.09%;">迷你對話學地道口語第939期:聽到風聲

A: I got the wind of the fact that Ken left his wife.

我聽說Ken離開他妻子了。

B: Yes. Anna told me that their marriage broke up.

是的,Anna告訴我他們的婚姻破裂了。

A: Do you know why?

你知道原因嗎?

B: She didn’t say much but I think there must be a third person involved.

她沒有說很多,但是我想一定是有第三者插足。

A: How do you know that?

你怎麼知道的?

B : I saw Ken had dinner with the same lady several times.

我看見好幾次他跟同一個女人共進晚餐。

第二, 地道表達

get wind of

1. 解詞釋義

Get wind of的意思是“聽到某事的風聲,聽到祕密消息”。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. If we lay here in camp, there might be archers skulking down to get wind of us.

如果我們在這裏宿營,可能會有射手們偷偷摸摸地來探聽我們的虛實的。

e.g. If they get wind of what we are doing, we'll then be in a very passive position.

如果他們聽到風聲,知道我們在搞什麼,我們就很被動了。

e.g. They're sure to get wind of you, sure to seek you.

他們一定會聽到關於你們的風聲,一定會來找你們的。

e.g. How did you get wind of that terrific business deal?

你是怎麼打聽到那筆好生意的。

第三, 咬文嚼字

break up:結束

e.g. They tried to break up the strike by firing many of its leaders.

他們試圖用解僱許多罷工領導人的辦法來破壞罷工。

e.g. Police were called in to break up the meeting.

出動了警察將集會驅散。