當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第150期:頂嘴回嘴

英語口語練習小對話 第150期:頂嘴回嘴

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.21W 次

迷你對話:

ing-bottom: 100%;">英語口語練習小對話 第150期:頂嘴回嘴

A: But you should be considerate to the kids, it’s their nature to play.

但是你該體貼孩子們,愛玩是他們的天性。

B: What I cannot put up with is that they may even give me a back talk.

我受不了的是他們居然和我頂嘴。

A: Of course, it’s not polite of them, but sometimes you should put things the other way round and try to understand them.

當然,他們是不禮貌,可有時候你該換個角度去想想,試圖去理解他們。

地道表達:give someone a back talk

解詞釋義:back talk在美國口語中,通常指“小輩或下屬對長輩或上司的回嘴,頂嘴”。

拓展講解:我們將back talk寫作talk back就變成了動詞。

支持範例:

1. give sb back talk

Eg. She stormed at her son for being gave a back talking.

她因兒子頂嘴而對他大發脾氣。

Eg. I didn't mean to give you a back talk, I merely meant to say that you had been misinformed.

我並不想跟你頂嘴,我只是想說你聽到的話是搞錯了。

Eg. Hamlet would not listen to her, but gave him a back talk.

哈姆雷特不聽她的話,反而頂嘴。

new student start off on the wrong foot with the teacher by giving the teacher a back talk.

那個新來的學生粗魯地跟老師頂嘴, 一開始就把關係搞僵了。

2. talk back

Eg. Robert had the impudence to talk back to his teacher.

羅伯竟狂妄得跟老師頂嘴。

Eg. How could you talk back to your boss like that?

你怎麼能那樣與你上司頂嘴?

Eg. He whacked the little boy for talking back.

他爲了那小男孩頂嘴而用力打他。

Eg. Ruth was disciplined at school for talking back to the teacher.

路絲因爲和老師頂嘴,受到了處分。

詞海拾貝:

1. put up with:忍受,承受

Eg. His merit was so great that they had to put up with him.

他的優點那麼突出因此人們只好聽之任之。

Eg. You would need to be a saint to put up with her children.

只有聖人才能容忍她的那幾個孩子。

Eg. Your boss is an absolute dictator and I don't know how you guys put up with it.

你們的老闆是一個十足的大獨裁者,我不知道你們這些人怎能容忍。

Eg. We can' t change the bad weather, so we must put up with it.

我們改變不了這種壞天氣,所以對它只好忍受。

2. the other way round:正好相反

Eg. You've got your hat on the other way round.

你的帽子戴反了。

Eg. I was accused of stealing money from her but in fact it was the other way round.

說我偷了她的錢, 其實正相反是她偷了我的錢.

Eg. We thought Mary would pass and John would fail, but it was the other way round.

我們原以爲Mary會及格,John不及格,但結果完全相反。

Eg. Watch. You slide the film in this way round, not the other way round.

看好。你從這個方向卷膠片,不是從相反的方向。

口語句型:

It is ( not ) polite of sb. 某人有禮貌。