當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 英語寓言故事小短文

英語寓言故事小短文

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.65W 次

一些有趣的英語故事,能提高少兒閱讀英語的興趣,從而提高英語的閱讀能力,今天本站小編在這裏爲大家分享一些英語寓言故事小短文,歡迎大家閱讀!

ing-bottom: 56.25%;">英語寓言故事小短文
  英語寓言故事小短文篇1

不合時尚

In the past, there was a married couple in the State of Lu.

從前,魯國有這麼一對夫婦。

The husband was a shoemaker who made very good shoes.

丈夫是一個鞋匠,鞋子做得很好。

The wife was a good hand at weaving silk.

妻子是一個織絹能手。

One day, the couple decided to go to the State of Yue to make a living.

一天,這兩口子商量決定,去越國謀生。

When this news spread around, one man tried to dissuade them:"You had better not go.

這消息一傳開,就有一個人去勸他們說:“還是不要去吧。

If you go to the State of Yue to make a living, that would be too bad.

如果你們到越國去謀生,那可糟了。

Over there, you certainly cannot make a living!"

在那裏,你們一定會無法生活下去的!”

The couple asked in surprise:"We don't understand what you mean.

他倆奇怪地問:“我們不懂你說的意思!

Each of us has superb craftsmanship.

我們各人有一門手藝。

How is it possible that we couldn't make a living? Don't talk nonsense!"

怎麼會生活不了呢?別胡說了!”

Thereupon, the man said to them:"Right. You indeed have superb craftsmanship.

於是,那人對他倆說:“對呀,你們手藝的確很好。

But you probably don't know the situation.

不過你們大概不瞭解情況吧!

You make shoes for people to wear, but the people in the State of Yue like to go barefooted and do not wear shoes;

你們做了鞋子,原來是給人穿的,可是越國人喜歡赤腳,不穿鞋子,

you weave silk to make hats, but the people there like to have their hair hanging down and do not wear hats.

你們織的絲絹,原來是做帽子用的,可是越國人喜歡披着頭髮,不戴帽子。

Then, how can you sell the shoes and hats you make?

那麼,你們做的鞋子、帽子,怎麼賣得出去呢?

Though you are highly skilled, your manual skills are of no use over there.

你們的技藝雖然很高,可是在那裏卻用不上。

Then how can you make a living?"

到那時候,看你們怎麼生活。”

After hearing this, the husband and wife saw the light:

這對夫妻聽後,恍然大悟:

"Oh, so our way of thinking is against the current fashion."

“噢,原來我們的想法不合時尚啊!”

  英語寓言故事小短文篇2

宋人獻玉

There was a man of the State of Song who liked to curry favour with others.

宋國有一個人,喜歡奉承別人。

One day, he got a piece of uncarved jade and went to present it to Zi Han, a minister of theState of Song,

有一天,他得到了一塊未經雕琢的玉石,便去獻給宋國大臣子罕,

with the intention to ingratiate himself with the official.

想討好一番。

Zi Han adamantly refused to accept it.

子罕執意不受。

Thereupon, this man said in honeyed words:"This is a piece of rare jade.

於是,那人便花言巧語地說:“這是一塊珍奇的玉石啊!

I regard it as a treasure suitable for a gentleman's utensil.

我把它當做寶貝,適宜於做君子的器皿。

If it gets into the hands of an old gentleman like you, to be worn by you or put on your diningtable, that would be most suitable and fitting.

要是落在老先生你的手中,掛在你的身上,放在你的餐桌上,是最相稱、最適合的。

I am an unrefined man, not deserving such a valuable treasure."

我是一個粗人,不配使用這種貴重的寶物。”

"You may regard this piece of jade as a treasure," said Zi Han, "

子罕回答說:“你把這塊玉石當做寶貝,

but I do not accept other's fawning, nor do I regard this kind of conduct a treasure."

我卻不接受別人巴結奉承,並且不把這種行爲當做寶貝。”

The man of Song felt he had asked for a snub and sneaked away.

那個宋國人自討沒趣,溜了。

  英語寓言故事小短文篇3

相輔相成

In the past, a man bragged about his bow: "There is no bow better than mine. Itdoesn't need any arrow!"

從前,有個人自誇他的弓,說:“我的弓嘛,沒有比這更好的了,好得不需要用什麼箭的!”

Another man bragged about his arrow:"There is no arrow better than mine. It doesn't need anybow!"

也有人在自誇他的箭,說:“我的箭,沒有比這更好的了,好得用不着什麼弓了!”

At that time, a man good at archery happened to pass by and heard their dialogue.

這時候,恰好有一個會射箭的人從他們身邊走過,聽到他們的這段對話。

He said:"You are both wrong.

就說:“你們兩人的話都不對。

One cannot shoot an arrow without a bow; and without an arrow, how can one hit the target?"

沒有弓,發不出箭;沒有箭,怎麼能射中目標呢?”

Thereupon, the man good at archery asked them to take out their bow and arrow.

說完後,會射箭的人還叫他們把弓和箭都拿出來。

Then he showed them how to shoot at the target with a bow and an arrow.

射箭給他們看。

Now they understood: A bow won't do without an arrow; nor an arrow without a bow.

他們這才明白:弓不能離開箭,箭也離不開弓。

They complement each other.

兩者相輔相成。 


猜你喜歡:

1.經典的英語寓言故事小短文

2.英語寓言故事小短文閱讀

3.英語寓言故事小短文欣賞

4.關於英語寓言故事短文

5.英語寓言故事小短文

6.英語寓言小故事欣賞