當前位置

首頁 > 英語詞彙 > 常用英語單詞 > 直接引語和間接引語到底怎麼用?

直接引語和間接引語到底怎麼用?

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 6.99K 次

Hi guys, today we are going to learn everything there is to know about direct and indirect speech.

直接引語和間接引語到底怎麼用?

大家好,今天我們將學習所有關於直接和間接言語的知識。


My aim for this article is to provide you with a great understanding of the two speech acts, when you should use them, what they look like and how they differ from one another.

這篇文章的目的是讓你對這兩種言語行爲有一個很好的理解,當你應該使用它們的時候,它們是什麼樣子的,它們之間有什麼不同。


I will provide you with an indirect speech formula, highlight all the rules and differences between direct and indirect speech, such as the change in tense, pronoun and overall sentence structure.

我將爲您提供一個間接引語公式,突出直接引語和間接引語之間的所有規則和區別,如時態、代詞和整體句子結構的變化。


I will also show you how to make interrogative and imperative sentences in the indirect speech. I promise to make this as clear and simple as possible. Let’s get started.

我還將教你如何在間接引語中使用疑問句和祈使句。我保證儘可能清楚和簡單。我們開始吧。


1. Speech Acts

1.言語行爲


So, as some of you may know, direct speech and indirect speech, are speech acts. They are used to pass on information or something spoken by one person, to another end you are in a restaurant with your friend Kim, you are having lunch together. Before you order, she tells you “I am so hungry” and she orders a huge next day you are at home with your family, you want to tell them about your time spent with Kim yesterday.

所以,你們可能知道,直接言語和間接言語都是言語行爲。它們被用來把一個人的信息或說話的東西傳遞給另一個人。假裝你和你的朋友金在餐館裏,你正在一起吃午飯。在你點菜之前,她會告訴你“我太餓了”,然後她會點一頓大餐。第二天你和家人在家,你想告訴他們你昨天和金姆在一起的時間。


You have two options, you can say:

你有兩個選擇,你可以說:


Kim said, “I am so hungry” (direct speech)

金姆說:“我太餓了”(直言)


Kim said that she was so hungry. (indirect speech)

金姆說她太餓了。(間接言語)


Above are examples of how we can use direct speech or indirect speech to transmit what one person said, to another person. Let’s take a step back, at the beginning of this article I said that direct and indirect speech are speech acts. So, what is a speech act? We use language to achieve specific communicative acts, such as asking for a menu at a restaurant or complaining about the food in a restaurant. We also can use speech acts to greet, threaten or invite somebody and to promise or refuse something to somebody and so on.

以上是我們如何使用直接或間接言語將一個人所說的傳達給另一個人的例子。讓我們退一步,在本文的開頭,我說過直接和間接言語都是言語行爲。那麼,什麼是言語行爲?我們使用語言來實現特定的交際行爲,比如在餐廳要求菜單或抱怨餐廳的食物。我們也可以用言語行爲來問候、威脅或邀請某人,向某人許諾或拒絕某事等等。


Below is a list of examples of different types of speech acts;

下面是不同類型言語行爲的例子列表;


I ask to visit my sister.

我請求去看望我妹妹。


I promise to visit my sister.

我答應去看望我妹妹。


I refuse to visit my sister.

我拒絕去看望我妹妹。


I threaten to visit my sister.

我威脅說要去看望我妹妹。


I order my brother to visit my sister.

我命令我弟弟去看望我妹妹。


How does this differ from other acts, such as a physical act or a mental act?

這與其他行爲,如身體行爲或精神行爲有何不同?


Here is an example of a mental act:

面是一個心理行爲的例子:


I think about visiting my sister.

我想去看望我妹妹。


And a physical act:

一個身體動作:


I visit my sister.

我去看望我妹妹。


Can you see how each sentence is talking about the same thing but in a different way with different possible outcomes? Just because you are thinking about visiting your sister, doesn’t mean you actually physically travel and visit your sister. Or you may order your brother to visit your sister but that doesn’t mean he will listen to you and actually visit her. I know my brother never does anything I ever ask him to do… We can divide speech acts into two groups; direct speech and indirect speech. As demonstrated above, direct and indirect speech help us pass on information from one person or time to another. But what is the difference?

你能看到每一句話是如何談論同一件事,但在不同的方式,不同的可能結果?僅僅因爲你想去看望你的妹妹,並不意味着你真的要去旅行和看望你的妹妹。或者你可以命令你弟弟去看望你妹妹,但這並不意味着他會聽你的話並真正看望她。我知道我哥哥從來沒有做過我讓他做的任何事……我們可以把言語行爲分爲兩類:直接言語和間接言語。如上所述,直接和間接言語幫助我們將信息從一個人或時間傳遞給另一個人。但有什麼區別呢?


2. Direct Speech Definition

2.直接引語的定義


Direct speech includes exactly what the person said, the spoken phrase is placed between quotation marks and there is no need to change the tense or the pronoun in the sentence structure.

直接引語包括人所說的話,口語短語放在引號之間,不需要改變句子結構中的時態或代詞。


Kim said, “I am hungry”

金說:“我餓了”


The waiter said, “The food will be ready soon.”

服務員說:“菜很快就好了。”


Direct speech, narrates a situation, it recounts exactly what happened and was said at the time. The sentence structure is very simple as you don’t have to change the tense or any pronoun that may be used, just don’t forget the comma before or after ‘said’ and the quotation marks. Below are examples of direct speech.

直言不諱,敘述一種情況,它準確地敘述了當時發生的事情和所說的話。句子結構非常簡單,因爲你不必改變時態或任何可能使用的代詞,只是不要忘記“said”前後的逗號和引號。下面是直接引語的例子。


They said, “We were watching a movie last night”

他們說,“我們昨晚在看電影”


“I will visit America next year,” she said.

她說:“我明年將訪問美國。


3. The Indirect Speech Definition and Formula

3.間接言語的定義與公式


Unfortunately, indirect speech isn’t as simple as direct speech, but once you understand the sentence structure and the indirect speech rules, it is straight forward and a great way to show off your English language skills. So let’s get started, first of all, we don’t use quotation marks with indirect speech, instead we include ‘that’ before retelling what has been said.

不幸的是,間接引語並不像直接引語那麼簡單,但是一旦你瞭解了句子結構和間接引語的規則,它就直截了當地展現了你的英語語言能力。所以讓我們開始吧,首先,我們不在間接引語中使用引號,而是在複述之前加上“that”。


Look at the direct speech example again:

再看一下直接引語的例子:


Kim said, “I am hungry”

金說:“我餓了”


Now look at the example using indirect speech:

現在看看使用間接引語的例子:


Kim said that she was hungry.

金姆說她餓了。


Did you notice where ‘that’ is located and how the quotation marks are not required? What else is different?

你注意到“that”的位置了嗎?它是如何不需要引號的?還有什麼不同?


4. The Tense Change in Indirect Speech

4.間接引語的時態變化


Take a look at the examples of direct and indirect speech below:

請看下面的直接和間接言語例子:


She said, “I study English every day.”

她說:“我每天都學英語。”


She said that she studied every day.

她說她每天都學習。


Can you see what happens to the tense with the indirect sentence structure? Yes, the present tense is changed to the past tense. This is another adjustment made when using indirect speech; sometimes we have to change the tense. This can cause confusion for many language learners but I will provide you with a helpful tense chart that demonstrates when you need to change the tense and which tense switches with another tense.

你能看到間接句結構的時態發生了什麼變化嗎?是的,現在時改成過去時。這是使用間接引語時的另一個調整;有時我們必須改變時態。這可能會給許多語言學習者帶來困惑,但我會給你提供一個有用的時態表,演示你何時需要改變時態,以及哪些時態與另一個時態切換。


The Present Tenses

現在時態


The Past Tenses

過去時態


The Future Tenses

將來時態


5. Direct Speech Indirect Speech (Present)

直接引語間接引語(現在時)


The present simple changes to the past simple.

一般現在時變爲一般過去時


She said, “I play football”

她說,“我踢足球”


She said that she played football.

她說她踢足球。


The present continuous changes to the past continuous.

現在進行時變爲過去進行時


John said, “he is reading about World War II in school”

約翰說:“他正在學校裏讀二戰的書”


John said that he was reading about World War II in school.

約翰說他在學校裏讀到了關於第二次世界大戰的書。


The present perfect changes to the past perfect.

現在完成時變爲過去完成時


I said, “he has started the movie”

我說,“他已經開始拍電影了”


I said that he had started the movie.

我說他已經開始了這部電影。


The present perfect continuous changes into the past perfect continuous.

現在完成進行時變爲過去完成進行時


He said, “it has been raining all day”

他說,“下了一整天的雨”


He said that it had been raining all day.

他說下了一整天的雨。


6. Direct Speech Indirect Speech (Past)

直接引語與間接引語(過去時態)


The past simple changes to the past perfect.

一般過去時變爲過去完成時


Kate said, “I cooked dinner”

凱特說,“我做了晚飯”


Kate said that she had cooked dinner.

凱特說她做了晚飯。


The past continuous doesn’t change.

過去的連續不變。


She said, “Jenny had parked the car”

她說,“珍妮把車停好了”


She said that Jenny had parked the car.

她說珍妮把車停好了。


Past perfect doesn’t change.

過去完成時不用變。


They said, “we had eaten in that restaurant before”

他們說,“我們以前在那家餐館吃過飯”


They said that they had eaten in that restaurant before.

他們說他們以前在那家餐館吃過飯。


7. Direct Speech Indirect Speech (Future)

直接引語間接引語(將來時)


Future simple, “will” changes to “would”

未來簡單,“意志”變爲“意志”


She said, “I will buy food for dinner”

她說,“我會買吃的”


She said that she would buy food for dinner.

她說她會買晚飯吃的。


Did you notice how all the present tenses were changed into one of the past tenses?Also look at how the past continuous tense and the past perfect tense don’t change when you are using the indirect sentence structure, they remain the same. Try to memorise these tense rules, they will help you greatly.

你注意到現在的時態都變成過去的時態了嗎?再看看過去進行時態和過去完成時態在使用間接句結構時是如何保持不變的。試着記住這些緊張的規則,它們會對你有很大的幫助。


8. Modal Auxiliary Verbs in Indirect Speech

8.間接引語中的情態助動詞


Can you remember what a modal verb is in English or what its function is?

你還記得英語中的情態動詞是什麼嗎?它的功能是什麼?


Modals are used to show modality. This means they provide extra information when used in a sentence, they may show a persons ability, obligation, possibility or permission for example.

情態動詞用來表示情態動詞。這意味着它們在句子中使用時提供了額外的信息,例如,它們可以顯示一個人的能力、義務、可能性或許可。


With indirect speech you must change the modal verbs; can, may and must from the present tense to the past tense. Whereas the modals; would, could, should, ought to and might do not change when using the indirect speech.

使用間接引語時,你必須改變情態動詞;可以、可以和必須從現在時改爲過去時。而情態動詞在使用間接引語時會、會、應該、應該和可能不會發生變化。


9. Modal Verbs that Change in Indirect Speech

間接引語中的情態動詞變化


Let’s look at some examples to see how modal verbs work with indirect speech.

讓我們看一些例子,看看情態動詞是如何與間接引語一起工作的。


She said, “I can speak five languages.”

她說:“我會說五種語言。”


She said that she could speak five languages.

她說她會說五種語言。


She said, “I can’t speak a foreign language”

她說,“我不會說外語”


She said that she could not speak a foreign language.

她說她不會說外語。


He said, “I may need time off work”

他說,“我可能需要休息”


He said that he might need time off work.

他說他可能需要休息。


The teenagers said, “We must be home before 10 P.M.”

孩子們說:“我們必須在晚上10點以前到家。”


The teenagers said that they had to be home before 10 P.M.

青少年們說他們必須在晚上10點以前到家。


The examples above show us that the modal verb can changes to could, may changes might and must changes to had to.

上面的例子說明情態動詞可以變爲可以,可以變爲可以,也必須變爲不得不。


10. Modal Verbs that Don’t Change in Indirect Speech

間接引語中情態動詞不變


As I said other modals don’t change when using indirect speech but you may still have to change the pronoun, the word order or the adverb of time. Read the examples below to see what I mean.

正如我所說,其他情態動詞在使用間接引語時不會改變,但你可能仍然需要改變代詞、詞序或時間副詞。閱讀下面的例子來了解我的意思。


She said, “I would travel the world if I had enough money”

她說,“如果我有足夠的錢,我會周遊世界”


She said that she would travel the world if she had enough money.

她說如果她有足夠的錢,她將周遊世界。


The students said, “we should study more before our exams”

學生們說:“考試前我們應該多學習”


The students said they should study more before their exams.

學生們說他們應該在考試前多學習。


Future continuous, “will be” changes to “would be”

將來進行時,“will be”變爲“would be”


They said, “there will be a party next weekend”

他們說,“下週末有個聚會”


They said that there would be a part next weekend.

他們說下週末有一部分。


Future perfect, “will have” changes to “would have”

將來完成時,將“will have”變爲“would have”


I said, “I will have to study more for my exams”

我說,“爲了考試我得多學習”


I said that I would have to study more for my exams.

我說爲了考試我得多學習。


He said, “I might go to the concert”

他說,“我可能去聽音樂會”


He said that he might go to the concert.

他說他可能去聽音樂會。


Ryan said, “I could go to the shop later.”

瑞安說:“我可以晚些去商店。”


Ryan said that he could go to the shop later.

瑞安說他可以晚點去商店。


Sarah said, “I ought to buy a new car”

莎拉說,“我應該買一輛新車”


Sarah said that she ought to buy a new car.

莎拉說她應該買一輛新車。


11. Pronouns in Indirect Speech

間接引語中的代詞


Another important rule to note is the change in pronoun. Did you wonder why in some of the examples above the pronoun changed? For example:

另一個需要注意的重要規則是代詞的變化。你想知道爲什麼在上面的一些例子中代詞變了嗎?例如:


She said, “I play football”

她說,“我踢足球”


She said that she played football.

她說她踢足球。


She said, “I will buy food for dinner”

她說,“我會買吃的”


She said that she would buy food for dinner.

她說她會買晚飯吃的。


The subject or the pronoun of the second part of the sentence, the indirect speech, is the pronoun that must be changed. We have to look at the first part of the sentence, see what verb or pronoun is being used and change the pronoun, in the second part of the sentence, in accordance to this. For example:

句子第二部分的主語或代詞,即間接引語,是必須改變的代詞。我們必須看句子的第一部分,看正在使用什麼動詞或代詞,並根據這個改變句子的第二部分中的代詞。例如:


She said, “I am scared of spiders”

她說,“我害怕蜘蛛”


She said that she was scared of spiders.

她說她害怕蜘蛛。


They said, “we want dinner”

他們說,“我們要晚餐”


They said that they wanted dinner.

他們說要吃晚飯。


Don’t forget to change the verb in accordance to the pronoun, I am scared – She is scared.

別忘了根據代詞改變動詞,我很害怕——她很害怕。


12. Adverbs of Time and Indirect Speech

12.時間副詞與間接引語


As we noted above, the tense must change when using the indirect speech. Therefore the aspect of time changes too, this means we must change the adverbs of time when using indirect speech.

如上所述,使用間接引語時時態必須改變。因此,時間方面也會發生變化,這就意味着我們在使用間接引語時必須改變時間副詞。


Tim said, “I am going to the match today”

蒂姆說:“我今天要去看比賽”


Tim said that he was going to the match that day

蒂姆說他那天要去看比賽


They said, “we are going to Spain next year”

他們說,“我們明年要去西班牙”


They said that they were going to Spain in the following year.

他們說他們明年要去西班牙。


This may seem a bit confusing so to make it easier for you, I have made a list of the possible changes to the adverbs, from one time to another time. Now can be changed to then.

這可能看起來有點混亂,所以爲了讓你更容易,我列出了副詞從一個時間到另一個時間的可能變化。現在可以改成那時。


Today can be changed to yesterday/that day.

今天可以改成昨天/那天。


Tomorrow can be changed to today/the next day.

明天可以改爲今天/第二天。


Yesterday can be changed to the previous day/Thursday.

昨天可以改爲前一天/星期四。


Next week/month/year can be changed to next week/month/year.

下一週/月/年可以更改爲下一週/月/年。


Last week/month/year can be changed to the previous week/month/year.

上一週/月/年可以更改爲上一週/月/年。


13. Questions in Indirect Speech

間接引語中的問題


What happens to questions when we want to change it into indirect speech? How can we use indirect speech for an interrogative sentence? Let’s have a look and find out. In English there are two types of questions, yes or no questions and open ended questions:

當我們想把問題變成間接言語時,會發生什麼情況?我們怎樣才能用間接引語作疑問句呢?讓我們看一看,找出答案。英語中有兩類問題,是或否問題和開放式問題:


Yes or no question: Are you hungry?

一般疑問句:你餓了嗎?


Response: Yes

回答:是的


Open-ended question: What type of food do you like?

開放式問題:你喜歡什麼樣的食物?


Response: I like Italian food.

回答:我喜歡意大利菜。


You can’t respond to this question with a simple yes or no as it is not answering the question. An open-ended question requires more information.

你不能用簡單的“是”或“否”來回答這個問題,因爲它沒有回答這個問題。開放式問題需要更多信息。


14. Yes/No Questions in Indirect Speech

間接引語中的是/否問題


How do yes/no questions look when changed into the indirect speech?

把“是/否”問題改成間接引語怎麼看?


She said, “Are you hungry?”

她說:“你餓了嗎?”


She asked me if I was hungry.

她問我是否餓了。


Again, quotation marks are not required, the tense must be changed and the pronoun may change. Did you notice how when using the indirect speech in an interrogative sentence we don’t use ‘that’ we use ‘if’?

同樣,引號不是必需的,時態必須改變,代詞也可能改變。你注意到在疑問句中使用間接引語時我們不使用“that”嗎?我們使用“if”?


I said that I was happy.

我說我很開心。


I asked her if she was happy.

我問她是否高興。


Also note that the question mark is not required in the indirect interrogative sentence either.

還要注意,間接疑問句中也不需要問號。


15. Open-Ended Questions in Indirect Speech

間接引語中的開放性問題


What about open-ended questions, the questions that require a more complex response?

開放式問題,那些需要更復雜回答的問題呢?


Let’s look at an example of an open-ended question in indirect speech to see how they look.

讓我們看一個間接引語中開放式問題的例子,看看它們看起來如何。


I said to my mum,“why are you smiling?” 

我對媽媽說:“你爲什麼笑?”

 

I asked my mum why she was smiling.

我問媽媽爲什麼笑。


She asked him,“how old are you?”

她問他:“你多大了?”


She asked him how old he was.

她問他多大了。


What are the differences in these sentences? First of all the tense changes, in the first example the present continuous changes to the past continuous; are smiling – was smiling. The second example, the simple present changes to the simple past; you are – he was. The pronouns also change: you – she and you – he. ‘If’ isn’t required with open-ended questions but there is a change in the word order, did you see that? The indirect speech reverts the interrogative sentence structure back into the affirmative sentence structure. I will demonstrate this now with some examples:

這些句子有什麼不同?首先是時態的變化,在第一個例子中現在的不斷變化到過去的不斷變化;都在笑——都在笑。第二個例子,簡單的現在變成了簡單的過去;你是——他是。代詞也會改變:你-她和你-他。開放式問題不需要“If”,但詞序有變化,你看到了嗎?間接引語將疑問句結構還原爲肯定句結構。我現在將用一些例子來演示這一點:


I said to my mum,“why are you smiling?”  

我對媽媽說:“你爲什麼笑?”


I asked my mum why she was smiling. (I asked my mum why was she smiling.)

我問媽媽爲什麼笑。(我問媽媽爲什麼笑。)


She asked him,“how old are you?”

她問他:“你多大了?”


She asked him how old he was. (She asked him how old was he.)

她問他多大了。(她問他多大了。)


Tom said to Sam, “How are you?”

湯姆對薩姆說:“你好嗎?”


Tom asked Sam how he was. (Tom asked Sam how was he.)

湯姆問薩姆他怎麼樣。(湯姆問薩姆他怎麼樣。)


16. Imperative Sentences in Indirect Speech

間接引語中的祈使句


Now that we know how to adjust interrogative sentences, lets look at how we can adjust imperative sentences into indirect speech. Before we do that, can you recall what an imperative sentence is? What its function is? What it looks like? We use imperative sentences to give commands, such as telling your brother to visit your sister or asking for the menu in a restaurant. These sentences can end with a full stop or an exclamation mark.

現在我們知道如何調整疑問句,讓我們看看如何調整祈使句成間接言語。在此之前,你能回憶一下什麼是祈使句嗎?它的功能是什麼?它看起來像什麼?我們用祈使句來發出命令,比如告訴你的兄弟去看望你的妹妹,或者在餐館裏要菜單。這些句子可以以句號或感嘆號結尾。


So how does an imperative sentence look in the indirect speech?

那麼祈使句在間接引語中是什麼樣子的呢?


She said to the waiter, “please give me a menu”

她對侍者說:“請給我一份菜單。”


She requested the waiter to give her a menu.

她請服務員給她一份菜單。


The teacher said to the students, “be quiet”

老師對學生們說:“安靜點”


The teacher ordered the students to be quiet.

老師命令學生們安靜。


His mum said to him, “you need to study more”

他媽媽對他說:“你需要多學習”


His mum advised him to study more.

他媽媽建議他多學習。


He said, “Let’s join the English language society in college.”

他說:“讓我們在大學裏加入英語語言協會吧。”


He suggested joining the English language society in college.

他建議在大學裏加入英語語言協會。


Don’t forget about the negative request:

不要忘記否定的需求:


The teacher said, “Please don’t talk in class”

老師說:“請不要在課堂上講話”


The teacher said not the talk in class

老師在課堂上說不要講話


The sign in the restaurant said, “No smoking”

餐廳的牌子上寫着“禁止吸菸”


The sign in the restaurant asked the customers not the smoke.

餐館的招牌要求顧客不要吸菸。


What about interrogative sentences that end with an exclamation mark?

以感嘆號結尾的疑問句呢?


She said, “Yes! I got an A in my exam.”

她說:“是的!我考試得了A。”


She exclaimed with amazement that she had gotten an A in her exam.

她驚奇地驚呼她考試得了A。


They said, “Oh no! We lost our car keys.

他們說:“哦不!我們的車鑰匙丟了。


They exclaimed with disbelief that they had lost their car keys.

他們不敢相信自己把車鑰匙丟了。


17. Mixed Type Sentences in Indirect Speech

間接引語中的混合句


Finally, we will look at what happens to a mixed type sentence structure in direct and indirect speech. A mixed type sentence structure can be a statement or a question that contains more than one clause and more than one tense. If we look at the mixed type phrase below, you will see that there are two parts to the phrase.

最後,我們將研究直接和間接言語中的混合型句子結構會發生什麼。混合型句子結構可以是包含多個子句和多個時態的語句或問題。如果我們看一下下面的混合型短語,你會發現這個短語有兩部分。


You have a lot of work to do. Can I help you?

你有很多工作要做。我能幫助你嗎?


Can you see how the example above is divided into two separate sections? The first section is a statement; you have a lot of work to do and the next sections is a questions can I help you? If we want put this sentence in direct speech we can simply quote what was said, below is an example of a mixed type sentence in direct speech.

你能看到上面的例子是如何分成兩個獨立的部分的嗎?第一部分是一個陳述;你有很多工作要做,下一部分是一個問題我能幫你嗎?如果我們想把這個句子放在直接引語中,我們可以簡單地引用所說的話,下面是一個直接引語中混合型句子的例子。


He said, “You have a lot of work to do. Can I help you?”

他說,“你有很多工作要做。我能幫助你嗎?”


There is no need to change the tense or a pronoun here, simply narrate what was said. What do you think happens with indirect speech? We know from the indirect speech formula that we usually change the tense and the pronoun, we also know that questions in indirect speech require changes too. Mixed type sentences can be divided into sections; statements and questions for example. With indirect speech we must introduce each section with an appropriate verb, this means the statement section should be introduced by a particular verb such as tell or say whereas the question section needs to introduced by verbs like ask or wonder.

這裏不需要改變時態或代詞,只需敘述所說的話。你認爲間接引語會怎麼樣?我們從間接引語公式中知道,我們通常會改變時態和代詞,我們也知道間接引語中的疑問句也需要改變。混合型句子可以分成幾個部分,例如陳述句和疑問句。對於間接引語,我們必須用一個合適的動詞來介紹每一部分,這意味着陳述部分應該由一個特定的動詞如tell或say來介紹,而問題部分則需要由ask或wonder等動詞來介紹。


Let’s use the example above and see how it changes in the indirect speech.

讓我們用上面的例子看看它在間接引語中是如何變化的。


He said that Clare had a lot of work to do and asked if he could help her.

他說克萊爾有很多工作要做,問他能不能幫她。


Can you see how the two introductory verbs say and ask separate the two sections? Said introduces the statement and asked introduces the question. That and if are used in the same way they are used with regular sentence structures in indirect speech. The tense and aspect of time also follows the same rule, they usually have to be changed into the past. Look at the examples below, keeping in mind the various sections, introductory verbs, pronouns, tense and overall word order.

你能看到這兩個導言動詞是怎麼說的嗎?賽義德介紹了聲明並被問到了介紹問題。如果以同樣的方式使用,它們在間接引語中與常規句子結構一起使用。時間的時態和體也遵循同樣的規則,它們通常都必須轉換成過去式。看下面的例子,記住各個部分,介紹性動詞,代詞,時態和整體詞序。


She said, “I am so hungry. Can I have something to eat?”

她說:“我太餓了。我能吃點東西嗎?”


She complained that she was hungry and asked if she could have something to eat.

她抱怨說她餓了,問她能不能吃點東西。


Emmet said, “Do you like learning English? I love it!”

埃米特說:“你喜歡學英語嗎?我喜歡!”


Emmet asked if she liked learning English and exclaimed that he loved it.

埃米特問她是否喜歡學英語,並大聲說他喜歡。


So there you go! I have included all you need to know about direct and indirect speech. How did you find it? You should now be able to point out differences between the two speech acts.

所以你來了!我已經包括了所有你需要知道的關於直接和間接言語。你怎麼找到的?你現在應該能夠指出這兩種言語行爲之間的區別了。


That the direct speech narrates exactly what has been said and that when using the indirect speech you must make a few changes. For example, there may be change in tense, a change in pronoun or a change in time. What else is different? Remember, we don’t use quotation marks when using indirect speech, we also don’t need the comma before the narrated phrase. Keep in mind that when an interrogative sentence is in the indirect speech, the word order switches from the interrogative sentence structure to the affirmative sentence structure. I have given an example below to remind you.

直接引語準確地敘述了所說的話,當使用間接引語時,你必須做一些改變。例如,時態的變化、代詞的變化或時間的變化。還有什麼不同?記住,我們在使用間接引語時不使用引號,也不需要在敘述短語前加逗號。記住,當疑問句在間接引語中時,語序從疑問句結構轉換爲肯定句結構。我舉了一個例子來提醒你。


She asked, “Is it raining?”

她問:“下雨了嗎?”


She asked if it was raining.

她問是不是在下雨。


Do you see how the verb ‘to be’ moves from before the pronoun to after the pronoun? When writing an interrogative sentence, don’t forget to put ‘if’ before the narrated phrase! I hope you found this article helpful and the two speech acts are a lot clearer for you now. Remember, the indirect speech is telling you what was said before, so most of the time you will have to change the verb tense and pronoun, but use the list of verb tenses I gave you as a guide, it really does help!

你看到動詞“to be”是如何從代詞前移到代詞後的嗎?在寫疑問句時,不要忘記在敘述的短語前加上“if”!我希望你覺得這篇文章對你有幫助,現在這兩個言語行爲對你來說更清楚了。記住,間接引語是告訴你之前所說的話,所以大多數時候你必須改變動詞時態和代詞,但是用我給你的動詞時態列表作爲指導,它確實有幫助!


Direct and Indirect Speech Exercises

直接引語與間接引語的練習


Here are exercises to help you practice what you have learnt about direct and indirect speech. I have also provided you with the answers. When completing the worksheet keep in mind the parts of the sentence you might need to change such as the tense, the pronoun, the adverb of time and the overall word order. Good luck!

這裏有一些練習可以幫助你練習你所學的直接和間接言語。我也給了你答案。完成工作表時,請記住句子中可能需要更改的部分,如時態、代詞、時間副詞和整體詞序。祝你好運!


1. Complete the sentences below:

完成下列句型:


1. She said, “I am so happy!”

她說:“我太高興了!”


She said ___________________________________________.

2. Tom said, “I cooked dinner last night”

湯姆說,“我昨晚做了晚飯”


Tom said ___________________________________________.

3. They said, “We are going to the football match”

他們說,“我們要去看足球賽”


They said ___________________________________________.

said, “Kevin is training for the marathon”

他說,“凱文正在爲馬拉松訓練”


He said _____________________________________________.

5. I said, “the shop closes at 7 P.M. tonight”

我說,“商店今晚7點關門”


I said _______________________________________________.

6. The teacher said, “You will have a test tomorrow”

老師說:“你明天要考試”


The teacher said ______________________________________.

7. “She had forgotten her homework,” she said.

“她忘了帶作業,”她說。


She said ___________________________________________.

8. “It has been raining all day, today,” he said.

“今天下了一整天的雨,”他說。


He said ____________________________________________.

2. Complete the sentences using modal verbs:

用情態動詞完成句子:


1. Jane said, “I can’t go to the party tonight”

簡說,“我今晚不能去參加聚會”


Jane said ___________________________________________.

2. He said, “I may move to Canada next year”

他說,“我明年可能搬到加拿大去”


He said ____________________________________________.

3. They said, “We should go to the cinema next week”

他們說,“我們下週應該去看電影”


They said ___________________________________________.

4. She said, “Kate ought to go to the doctor tomorrow”

她說,“凱特明天應該去看醫生”


She said ___________________________________________.

5. “We can drive to the exam centre together,” the students said.

學生們說:“我們可以一起開車去考試中心。”。


The students said ____________________________________.

6. Gerry said, “I would go to the theatre if I had money”

格里說:“如果我有錢,我就去看戲。”


Gerry said ___________________________________________.

7. “We ought to clean the house before our parents come home,” they said.

他們說:“我們應該在父母回家之前打掃房子。”


They said ___________________________________________.

8. He said, “I must check how much the tickets cost”

他說,“我得查一下票的價格”


He said ___________________________________________.

3. Change the questions below from direct speech to indirect speech:

將下列問題從直接引語改爲間接引語:


1. She said to her daughter, “Are you coming home for dinner?”

她對女兒說:“你回家吃飯嗎?”


___________________________________________________.

2. I said, “How old are you?”

我說,“你多大了?”


___________________________________________________.

3. They asked each other, “What will we do this summer?”

他們問對方:“今年夏天我們要做什麼?”


___________________________________________________.

4. He said to Kim, “Why are you shouting?”

他對金姆說:“你爲什麼大喊大叫?”


___________________________________________________.

5. I said to them, “Is the movie over?”

我對他們說:“電影結束了嗎?”


___________________________________________________.

6. He asked her, “Are you ok?”

他問她,“你沒事吧?”


___________________________________________________.

7. I asked, “When is your birthday?”

我問,“你什麼時候生日?”


___________________________________________________.

8. The teacher said, “Are you ready for the test?”

老師說:“你準備好考試了嗎?”


___________________________________________________.

Answers:

答案:


1. Complete the sentences below:

完成下列句子:


1. She said, “I am so happy!” She exclaimed that she was so happy.

她說:“我太高興了!她大聲說她很高興。


2. Tom said, “I cooked dinner last night”Tom complained that he had cooked dinner the night before.

湯姆說,“我昨晚做了晚飯”湯姆抱怨說他前一天晚上做了晚飯。


3. They said, “We are going to the football match”They said that they were going to the football match.

他們說,“我們要去看足球賽”他們說他們要去看足球賽。


4. He said, “Kevin is training for the marathon”He said that Kevin was training for the marathon.

他說,“凱文正在爲馬拉松訓練”他說凱文正在爲馬拉松訓練。


5. I said, “the shop closes at 7 P.M. tonight”I said that the shop closed at 7 P.M. last night.

我說,“商店今晚7點關門”,我說商店昨晚7點關門。


6. The teacher said, “You will have a test tomorrow”The teacher told me that I would have a test the next day.

老師說,“你明天要考試”老師告訴我第二天我要考試。


7. “She had forgotten her homework,” she said that she had forgotten her homework.

“她忘了她的家庭作業,”她說。她說她忘了她的家庭作業。


8. “It has been raining all day, today,” he commented that is had been raining all day, that day.

“今天下了一整天的雨,”他說。他說那天下了一整天的雨。


2. Complete the sentences using modal verbs:

用情態動詞完成句子:


1. Jane said, “I can’t go to the party tonight”Jane said that she couldn’t go to the party last night.

簡說:“我今晚不能去參加聚會。”簡說她昨晚不能去參加聚會。


2. He said, “I may move to Canada next year”He said that he might move to Canada next year.

他說,“我明年可能搬到加拿大去”,他說他明年可能搬到加拿大去。


3. They said, “We should go to the cinema next week”They said that they should go to the cinema next week.

他們說,“我們下週應該去看電影”他們說他們下週應該去看電影。


4. She said, “Kate ought to go to the doctor tomorrow”She said that Kate ought to go to the doctor today.

她說:“凱特明天應該去看醫生。”她說凱特今天應該去看醫生。


5. “We can drive to the exam centre together,” the students students said that they could drive to the exam centre together.

“我們可以一起開車去考試中心,”學生們說。學生們說他們可以一起開車去考試中心。


6. Gerry said, “I would go to the theatre if I had money”Gerry said that he would go to the theatre if he had money.

格里說:“如果我有錢,我就去看戲。”格里說,如果他有錢,他就去看戲。


7. “We ought to clean the house before our parents come home,” they said that they ought to clean the house before their parents came home.

“我們應該在父母回家之前打掃房子,”他們說。他們說他們應該在父母回家之前打掃房子。


8. He said, “I must check how much the tickets cost”He said that he had to check how much the tickets cost.

他說,“我必須檢查一下票的價格。”他說他必須檢查一下票的價格。


3. Change the questions below from direct speech to indirect speech:

將下列問題從直接引語改爲間接引語:


1. She said to her daughter, “Are you coming home for dinner?”She asked her daughter if she was coming home for dinner.

她對女兒說:“你回家吃飯嗎?”她問女兒是否回家吃飯。


2. I said, “How old are you?”I asked him how old he was.

我說,“你多大了?“我問他多大了。


3. They asked each other, “What will we do this summer?”They asked each other what they would do for the summer.

他們問對方:“今年夏天我們要做什麼?“他們問對方夏天會做什麼。


4. He said to Kim, “Why are you shouting?”He asked Kim why she was shouting.

他對金姆說:“你爲什麼大喊大叫?他問金姆她爲什麼要喊。


5. I said to them, “Is the movie over?”I wanted to know if the movie was over.

我對他們說:“電影結束了嗎?“我想知道電影是否結束了。


6. He asked her, “Are you ok?”He wondered if she was ok.

他問她,“你沒事吧?“他想知道她是否沒事。


7. I asked, “When is your birthday?”I asked him when his birthday was.

我問,“你什麼時候生日?“我問他生日是什麼時候。


8. The teacher said, “Are you ready for the test?”The teacher wanted to know I was ready for the test.

老師說:“你準備好考試了嗎?“老師想知道我已經準備好考試了。