當前位置

首頁 > 商務英語 > 常用商務英語口語 > 白領的一天:交通與住房

白領的一天:交通與住房

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 7.45K 次

Jessica和她的外國朋友Peter聊起了剛到北京的生活。

ing-bottom: 56.25%;">白領的一天:交通與住房

J: Finally I managed to find a place to live in Beijing.
我總算在北京找到住的地方了。

P: That is great to hear! Where is it?
那太好啦!在哪個地方?

J: Somewhere near my place of work. I don’t know the location exactly, I am new here.
離我工作地地方很近,我不知道具體的地址,我纔剛來呢。

P: No worries, I hope you are near a subway station, too.
沒事,我希望你附近有個地鐵站。

J: Yep. The transportation is very convenient… one of the factors that I decided to rent that place.
附近有。交通很便捷,這是我覺得租下那個地方的原因之一。

P: Yeah that is very important. Where I was living in Perth before I came to China was like that, only 5 minutes walk from the train station and 2 minutes walk from a bus route to the city and a big shopping centre.
恩,這很重要。在我來北京之前,我在帕斯住的地方情況就是這樣的,只要走5分鐘就可以到火車站,走2分鐘就可以到達開往城裏的公交線和一個大型的購物中心。

J: Cool! I think I am starting to settle in.
真棒!我覺得我開始適應新環境了。

P: That is good. It will take a little bit of time.
這很好啊。這是需要一點時間的。

詞彙講解:

settle in/into sth: to begin to feel happy and relaxed in a new situation, home, job, or school 安頓下來,習慣於(新居),適應(新工作)

How are the kids settling into their new school?
孩子們在新學校習慣嗎?

I haven't yet settled in in my new job.
我還未適應我的新工作。