當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第269期:意想不到 出乎意料

迷你對話學地道口語第269期:意想不到 出乎意料

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.23W 次

迷你對話:

迷你對話學地道口語第269期:意想不到 出乎意料

A: The trouble is not that. It is that he may suddenly remember something I promised him a couple of weeks ago, out of a clear blue sky. Then he complains that I have gone back on my words.

麻煩不在這兒,而在於他突然出人意料地想起兩三週前我對他的承諾。然後就抱怨我言而無信。

B: Does he do that with his Dad? I mean, does he complain things to his father?

對他爸爸也這樣嗎?我是說他向他爸爸抱怨嗎?

A: He never does, and in fact, he seldom communicates with him.

從不,事實上是他幾乎不和他交談。

B: But didn’t you say that his Dad takes him under his wings

但是你不是說他的爸爸總是寵着他嗎?

A: Yes, I did. He only takes side with him. He seldom asks what Dick is doing.

對,我是這樣說的。不過他只是偏袒迪克,而很少過問他在幹什麼。

地道表達:

out of a clear blue sky

解詞釋義:

此語的字面意思是“從晴朗的藍色天空中突然出現”,比喻爲“在毫無預兆,事先沒有打招呼的情況下突然發生”。其英文解釋如下:if something happens out of the blue, it happens suddenly and you are not expecting it,它作爲副詞性短語。

支持範例:

Then one day, completely out of a clear blue sky , I had a letter from her.

後來有一天我突然接到她的一封來信。

The invasion came out of a clear blue sky and caught everyone off guard.

入侵突然襲來,弄得每個人措手不及。

拓展講解

此語也可以用作out of the blue

支持範例:

The news was a great shock to me; it came absolutely out of the blue.

這個消息,對我是一個很大的打擊,簡直太突如其來了。

Jim was walking along the street, when a car came out of the blue and hit him.

吉姆在街上行走,冷不防一輛車闖出來,把他撞倒在地。

She arrived out of the blue.

她沒有事先告知就來了。

The news of her marriage came out of the blue.

她結婚的消息來得很突然。

詞海拾貝:

1. go back on:違背(諾言,誓約等)

He's not the sort of man who would go back on his word.

他不是那種會食言的人。

Don't say yes at a meeting and go back on your words and say no after it.

不要開會時贊成,會後又反悔說不贊成。

When you make a promise, you must not go back on it.

當你許下諾言,你就不可失信。

I swear it. I won't go back on it.

我說話算數,我發誓決不食言。

2. take sb under one’s wings:溺愛某人,驕寵某人

Her mother was sure she would come to a bad end because of the way her husband took her under his wings.

她媽媽認爲她的丈夫生那樣嬌慣她,她將來一定不會有什麼好結果。

Rich though they, they refused to take their children under their wings.

雖然他們很有錢,他們不嬌慣孩子。

These kids are well taken under their wings that they can't do anything by themselves.

這些孩子們太嬌慣了,以致於他們不能獨立做任何事情。

2. takes side (with):支持(某一方),站在(某一邊),偏袒

He prefers being neutral to taking sides.

他寧願保持中立而不願站在某一方。

I took Bob's side when I heard his account of the events.

我聽了Bob的事情後,我支持他。

3. complain something to somebody:向某人抱怨某事

She complain the pressure of her job to him .

她向他抱怨工作壓力沉重。

If you're going to complain working conditions to the boss , make sure you don't bite the hand that feeds you.

即使你準備向老闆抱怨工作條件,你也一定不要恩將仇報。

I wasn't satisfied with our treatment at that hotel, so I shall complain it to the proprietor.

我不滿意我們在那家旅館受到的待遇,因此我要向旅館老闆投訴。

Each time his wife saw me, she would complain his sufferings to me .

華威太太每次遇到我,總是代替華威先生訴苦。

聯想記憶:complain to somebody about something:想某人抱怨某事

4. communicate with:與......交流

I can communicate with foreigners easily.

我能輕鬆地和外國人溝通。

I communicate with him regularly by letter.

我們經常與他通信。

I've tried, but it's impossible to communicate with her.

我試過了,不過根本無法跟她溝通。

Deaf people communicate with sign language.

聾啞人通過手語與人交流。