當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第98期:酒後之勇

英語口語練習小對話 第98期:酒後之勇

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.63W 次

迷你對話:

ing-bottom: 100%;">英語口語練習小對話 第98期:酒後之勇

A:Does Tom drink a lot?

湯姆喝酒喝得很多嗎?

B:Yes, he does. He often has had one to many. But I advised him not to drink too much, he just boasted that he had hollow legs and nobody had ever drunk him under the table.

是的,他經常和很多,但是當我建議他別喝多是,他總是吹牛,說他的酒量打得不得了,沒人能把他灌倒。

A:That's a problem. He has sort ofDutch courageand that will egg him on in doing anything.

這可是個問題,他在酒後逞能,什麼事情都會做出來的。

地道表達:

Dutch courage

解詞釋義:

該習語是因爲英語荷蘭之間的恩恩怨怨,積重難反,有淵源極深,而荷蘭被稱爲“海盜之國”,海盜是做事魯莽的,所以就用這個詞語來表示“酒後之勇”。

支持範例:

poor man beat his boss by means of Dutch courage.

那個可憐的人借酒勁打了他的老闆。

Eg.I'd had four drinks and hoped that my Dutch courage would help me tell my wife what had happened.

我喝了4盅,想借酒後之勇告訴我妻子發生了什麼。

't be full of Dutch courage to fight with others.

不要乘酒勁和別人打架。

詞海拾貝:

a hollow leg:千杯不醉,喝酒海量

best man has a hollow leg. He drinks a lot instead of the bridegroom.

這人很健康,千杯不醉。他比新郎還喝得多。

seems that you have a hollow leg, so you'd better drink extra since we are not good at drinking.

你看起來很有海量,因爲我們不會喝酒,你要多喝點。

k sb under the table:把某人灌醉

Eg. Iknew they wanted to drink me under the table, But I sticked to my limits.

我知道他們想把我給灌醉了,可是我就是不喝過量的酒。

pride yourselves on your capacity, but he can drink you all under the table.

你以爲自己酒量無比,他能喝過你們所有的人。

Eg. Glen claims he's a big drunker, but even my daughter could drink him under the table.

格倫自稱是一個酒豪,可是甚至連我女兒都能把他灌醉。

of:有幾分,有那麼點兒

sort of bumped into each other.

他們多多少少在碰到一塊兒了。

Eg.I sort of regarded that as mainly a business relationship.

我多少認爲這主要是工作關係。

job is sort of classified.

我這工作有點保密。

's sort of embarrassing.

這有點叫人難爲情。

sb on:慫恿某人, 煽動某人

do you egg him on to do what you won't do yourself?

你自己不幹,爲什麼攛掇他呢?

eggs them on in rising against the government.

他煽動他們起來反對政府。

特別聲明:該節目迷你對話精選自口語書籍,其餘均爲恆星原創,未經授權請勿轉載。