當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第217期:提高緊惕 密切監視

英語口語練習小對話 第217期:提高緊惕 密切監視

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 8.12K 次

迷你對話:

ing-bottom: 100%;">英語口語練習小對話 第217期:提高緊惕 密切監視

A: I’ll be away for a moment.

我要離開一會兒。

B: Yes? Anything I can do for you?

是嗎?有什麼需要我幫忙嗎?

A: Look! I’v been watching that man down in the street. He keeps peeping into the shop. Keep your eyes skinned for that guy, will you?

看!我一直在注意街上的那個人,他總是往商店裏偷看,緊緊盯着那個傢伙,好嗎?

B: Ok.

好吧。

地道表達:

keep one’s eyes skinned

解詞釋義:

這是美國俚語,意思是“擦亮眼睛,提高警惕,謹慎小心,密切監視”。與之同意短語還有“keep one’s eyes peered, keep one’s eyes polished”。要表示對......提高警惕,密切監視,在短語的後面加上介詞for即可。

支持範例:

Eg. When you keep your eyes skinned, you will fine it to be a counterfeit eyewash.

你要是留意,就會發現這是一種僞造的眼藥水。

Eg. Keep your eyes skinned for a campsite!

留意找個宿營地!

Eg. A police has been keeping his eyes for the suspect's movements.

警察密切監視嫌疑犯的活動。

Eg. There are pickpockets around here, so keep your eyes skinned for them.

要提高警惕,這裏有扒手。

詞海拾貝:

1. for a moment:片刻,一會兒

Eg. May I may have your attention for a moment, please?

我想佔用你們一點點時間,可以嗎?

Eg. Let us suppose for a moment that the news is really true.

咱們姑且假設這個消息是真的。

Eg. For a moment I staggered at the price.

我聽了價錢遲疑了一會兒。

Eg. For a moment Peter felt a surge of sympathy for the older man.

一剎那間彼得對這位老頭油然產生了一種憐憫心。

2. peep into:窺視,盯着看

Eg. He squatted down to peep into the basket.

他蹲下來向籃子裏窺視了一下。

Eg. Some of the students would peep into a teacher's desk to see if the examination papers were there.

有些學生會偷看老師的桌子,看考卷是否在裏面。

Eg. He ventured to peep into the next room.

他冒險把那房間瞧了一遍。

Eg. He took a peep into (=peep into) the kitchen.

他往廚房裏看了一眼。