當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第171期:對某人有意見 發生爭端

英語口語練習小對話 第171期:對某人有意見 發生爭端

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 7.02K 次

迷你對話:

ing-bottom: 100%;">英語口語練習小對話 第171期:對某人有意見 發生爭端

A: I have a bone to pick with you.

我對你有意見。

B: Okay. Let’s clear the air. What are you getting at?

好吧,讓我們來消除誤會。你所指何事?

A: You always have a chip on your shoulder.

你總是容易動怒。

B: I’m sorry. But I don’t meant to get your goat.

我很抱歉,可我並非是有意惹你生氣的。

地道表達:

have a bone to pick with

解詞釋義:

該短語出自動物爭奪獵物的習性。例如:兩隻狗爭搶一根骨頭而相互撕咬。此語最初開始見於16世紀中葉,現在一般指“與某人有爭端”“對某人不滿”的意思。

支持範例:

Eg. I can't make out why he seems to have a bone to pick with almost everyone.

我真搞不懂爲什麼他好象和幾乎每個人都有仇似的。

Eg. I have a bone to pick with you. You still owe me the fifteen dollars you borrowed.

我有賬跟你算。你向我借的十五美金還沒還呢!

Eg. Here! I have a bone to pick with you about the way you spoke to me yesterday.

喂!我對你昨天向我說話的那種方式有意見。

Eg. I have got a bone to pick with you, Mr. Pate over your last cottonseed oil shipment to Liverpool.

關於上次裝運到利物浦的那批棉花籽油,我真要抱怨你。

詞海拾貝:

1. clear the air:消除誤會

Eg. I've called this meeting so we clear the air.

我召集了這次會,消除了我們之間的隔閡。

Eg. A frank discussion can help to clear the air.

坦率的談論有助於消除疑慮。

2. get at:意思是指......弄清楚......

Eg. I can not get at this author's meaning.

我不理解這位作者的意思。

Eg. I cannot get at the meaning of this sentence.

我不能理解這句句子的意思。

Eg. Patiently he worked for weeks, using every trick in his bag to get at the facts.

他耐心地偵察了好多個星期,使出渾身解數去搜求事實。

Eg. Let's get at the root of this matter.

讓我們對這件事來一番刨根問底吧。

3. have a chip on one’s shoulder:氣勢洶洶,大發雷霆

Eg. Why do you have a chip on your shoulder tonight?I'm not trying to start a fight with you.

今晚你爲什麼那樣氣勢洶洶?我又不是來和你打架的。

4. get one’s goat:使人發怒或厭惡

Eg. It really got Mr. Brown's goat when he had to wait two hours to get his plane tickets.

不得不等上兩個小時纔拿到飛機票實在是讓布朗先生生氣 。

Eg. Don’t get my goat or I will teach you a good lesson.

別惹我發火,否則我會給你顏色看的。