當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第178期:閒散度日 生活安逸

英語口語練習小對話 第178期:閒散度日 生活安逸

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.66W 次

迷你對話:

ing-bottom: 100%;">英語口語練習小對話 第178期:閒散度日 生活安逸

A: John has some trouble in his life.

A: 約翰在生活遇到麻煩了。

B: I hear that his father died.

B: 我聽說他爸爸死了。

A: Yeah. He’s been having an easy time since he was a boy, and now he doesn’t know how to face the music.

A: 嗯,從他是個小孩的時候就一直過着安逸悠閒的生活,現在他不知道怎麼去面對現實。

B: He is out of luck.

B: 他真倒黴。

地道表達:

have an easy time

解詞釋義:

easy在這裏是指“安逸的,安樂的,寬裕的”,例如:an easy life的意思是“安逸的生活”,be in easy circumstances意思是“生活安逸”,have an easy time也是“生活安逸”的意思。

支持範例:

I could have stayed away and had an easy time of it by not entering for the university level contest.

我本來可以置身事外,不參加本次校際比賽,輕輕鬆鬆地過日子。

The only thing on the farm that has an easy time is the dog .

在農場裏唯一的悠閒自在者是這條狗。

詞海拾貝:

1. have some trouble:遇到麻煩

Eg. I have some trouble in English listening.

英語聽力不好。

Eg. If you have some trouble, you could ask us to help you.

如果有困難,你可以叫我們幫你。

Eg. As I have some trouble with my leg, I can't move around easily, nor can I sit too long.

我不是有腿病嗎,不但不利於行,也不利於久坐。

Eg. I have some trouble with the carburetor.

我的這個汽化器有些毛病。

2. face the music:面對現實,勇於承擔後果,傾聽責備或批評

Eg. After he was caught with the stolen goods, he had to face the music.

他偷竊物品被逮到,他必須接受應得的懲罰。

Eg. You' ve been caught cheating now you must face the music.

你的騙局已經戳穿,這下子你得自食其果了.

Eg. Mr. Allen betrayed a top secret, and had to face the music.

艾倫先生泄露一項最高機密,因而必須接受責罰。

Eg. You have made your choice. Now you 'll have to face the music .

既然你已做出抉擇,你就得勇敢地承擔一切後果。

3. out of luck:運氣不好,倒黴

Eg. He missed the bus and was out of luck because he didn't get to the ball game on time.

他誤了公共汽車,運氣不好,因爲他沒準時趕上球賽。

Eg. Bob was indeed out of luck, Janet was sent to hospital the previous day and his daughter, Kitty, was badly ill in bed now.

鮑勃真是倒了黴運,珍尼特前一天被送進醫院,他女兒凱伊現在又病在牀上。

Eg. We wanted to buy some land, but the man told us we were out of luck.

他們想買一些土地,但那人告訴我們說我們去得不太湊巧。

Eg. I'm out of luck, the last copy was just sold out.

我不走運,最後一冊剛賣完。