當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 魔鬼口語1000句(四十):別累着自己

魔鬼口語1000句(四十):別累着自己

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.31W 次

魔鬼口語1000句(四十):別累着自己

1. Examples abound.
例子舉不勝舉。

2. Free time is at a premium for him.
他很少有空。
►at a premium 在票面價值以上;極爲珍貴,短缺;很受尊重
e.g. Skilled workers are at a premium in this town. 熟練的技工在這個城市裏很受青睞。

3. I stopped short of telling him, but only just.
我差點告訴他。
►stop short of 突然停止,決定不做某事;未到達;缺乏
►only just 恰好,剛剛,剛纔;好不容易纔
>>The Wanted - Chasing the sun:冰河世紀4主題曲<<
We've only just begun... 我們纔剛開始...

4. Draw/pull up a chair and sit before me.
拉把椅子過來。
►draw up 草擬,起草;停住;把(椅子等)拉近,使靠近;排好隊伍;使(自己)站直
►pull up 把…向上拉;使停下來;提高,改進;把…拉到近處

5. It takes true grit to do it.
做這件事需要真正的勇氣。
►true grit 電影《大地驚雷(True Grit)》又譯《真實的勇氣》

6. It’s my idea of sheer bliss.
我認爲這纔是真正的幸福。

7. Stop badgering me.
別磨我了。
►badger sb 糾纏某人,煩擾某人
e.g. I'll lay you out if you continue to badger me. 如果你繼續糾纏我,我會把你打倒在地的。

8. Sorry for that. I didn’t mean to snub.
我絕非有意怠慢。

9. Don’t overtax yourself.
別累着自己。

10. To be candid, it’s your fault.
坦率地說,是你的錯。
►to be candid 坦率地說
to make no bones 毫不掩飾,直率地表示自己的意見
to tell the truth/to be honest/frankly speaking 都可以用來表示自己的真實想法