當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第93期:Clear the Air 消除誤會

一分鐘英語 第93期:Clear the Air 消除誤會

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.42W 次

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

If you have trouble with a friend or co-worker, maybe you should do this: Clear The Air.

如果你和朋友或同事之間出現了糾紛,你可能需要這樣做:消除誤會

I'm afraid I must've done something to hurt Mary's feelings.

我恐怕一定是做了一些事情,傷害到了瑪麗的感受。

She has been so unfriendly recently to me.

她最近對我很不友好。

I told her I want to clear the air, but she turned and walked away from me.

我告訴過她我想要消除誤會,可是她卻扭頭從我旁邊走開了。

一分鐘英語 第93期:Clear the Air 消除誤會

At my office there have been so many rumors, the boss called a meeting to clear the air.

我辦公室也有過許多謠言,老闆會召集會議來消除誤會。

Clear the air. This idiom comes from the fact that, when there is smoke or fog in the air, it is difficult to see.

消除誤會。這個習語源於這樣一個事實,當空氣中煙霧瀰漫時,是很難看到東西的。

Sometimes when people are angry, or dislike someone, they hide the reasons for those feelings.

有時候,當人們非常生氣,或討厭某個人時,他們會隱藏這些情感的原因。

Clearing the air means that they bring those issues out in the open to work through them.

消除誤會指他們開誠佈公說出問題以解決這些問題。

This can apply to both personal and work situations.

這個短語可以用在個人情況和工作情景中。

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》!