當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第159期:Bend the Rules 修改規則

一分鐘英語 第159期:Bend the Rules 修改規則

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 4.33K 次

Welcome to English in a minute.

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

When you bend something, you fold it, or change its shape, like this.

當你彎曲某個東西時,你可以對摺或改變它的形狀,就像這樣。

But what does this American idiom mean? Bend the rules.

但是這個美國習語是什麼意思呢?修改規定

My new apartment has a no animals rule.

我的新公寓有個不能養寵物的規定。

But I really want to get a cat. What do you think?

但是我真的很想要養貓。你覺得呢?

Do you think I can bend the rules and get one?

你覺得我能修改規定,養一隻麼?

padding-bottom: 56.78%;">一分鐘英語 第159期:Bend the Rules 修改規則

That's not bending the rules. That's straight up breaking the rules.

你這不是修改規定,而是打破規定了。

If you get a cat, you could be kicked out.

如果你養一隻貓的話,你也許會被趕走。

If you really want a pet, start with a fish.

如果你真的想養寵物,那就先試試養魚吧。

When you bend the rules, you are not exactly following them.

當你修改規定時,意思就是你沒有完全遵守規定。

But you're not breaking the rules either.

但是你也沒要打破規定。

So if you are thinking about bending the rules, you should consider the end result.

所以當你想要修改規定時,你要考慮一下後果。

And that's English in a minute.

以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!