當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第155期:Nip it in the Bud 防患於未然

一分鐘英語 第155期:Nip it in the Bud 防患於未然

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.29W 次

Welcome to English in a minute.

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

A bud is a young flower that has not yet opened.

花蕊是指還沒開的花。

So what do you think this American idiom means? Nip it in the Bud

你覺得這個美語習語是什麼意思?防患於未然

Listen to these friends talking:

讓我們聽聽這對朋友的談話

一分鐘英語 第155期:Nip it in the Bud 防患於未然

My new neighbor is driving me crazy!

我的新鄰居要把我弄瘋了!

She keeps coming over to my apartments uninvited. And then she will not leave!

她經常來我的公寓,而我並沒有邀請她。而且她還不走。

Oh, you need to nip that in the bud.

噢,你應該防患於未然。

Just tell her to call before coming over. Or just don't answer the door!

告訴她來之前要打個電話。或者直接不開門。

If you nip it in the bud, you stop something from becoming a bigger problem.

當你'nip it in the bud'時,你就會阻止某些事情擴大化。

Nip means to cut. So if you cut a flower while it is still a bud, it cannot grow any bigger.

Nip的意思是折斷。如果你折斷仍處於花蕊期間的花,這個花就不會再長大。

When you nip something in the bud, you stop it from growing.

當你把某事在初期砍斷時,這個事情就不會再發展下去。

And that's English in a minute.

以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!