當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第169期:Wires Crossed 互相誤解

一分鐘英語 第169期:Wires Crossed 互相誤解

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.15W 次

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

Wires are thin, metal threads that are used in many electrical devices. Wires Crossed

電線是細長的金屬線,應用於許多電器設備中。互相誤解

Hey, Jonathan. Thanks for working my shift in the studio tomorrow night.

喬納森,你好。謝謝你爲了我的工作室調整明天晚上的時間。

What are you talking about? I have plans tomorrow night.

你說什麼?我明天有別的計劃。

But I thought you said you would switch days with me?

但是我以爲你說你會爲我調整時間。

And I thought you meant next week.

我以爲你說的是下週。

We got our wires crossed. I'll make other arrangements.

我們都誤解了對方。我還是另做安排吧。

padding-bottom: 53.94%;">一分鐘英語 第169期:Wires Crossed 互相誤解

When people get their "wires crossed", they have a different understanding of the same situation.

當人們感覺“wires crossed”時,那就是說他們對同一件事有了不同的理解。

The expression comes from older telephone systems that use wires.

這個表述來自老式的電話電話系統,那時它們的都是用電線的。

With these phones, you might hear another conversation on the same line.

打電話時,你可能聽到在同一條電話線上的其他的對話。

This situation was called "crossed wires."

這種情況就叫做“電線交叉”。

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!