當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第18章:女人與海(6)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第18章:女人與海(6)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.31W 次

Then even when we got our own country there was still fighting, but this time it was between mohajirs and Pashtuns and between Sunnis and Shias.

padding-bottom: 70.63%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第18章:女人與海(6)
然而在我們有了自己的國家之後,衝突仍然沒有平息,只是變成了穆哈吉爾和普什圖之間,還有遜尼派和什葉派之間的鬥爭。

Instead of celebrating each other, our four provinces struggle to get along.

我們的四個省份不但沒有一起慶祝獨立,反而難以和平共處。

Sindhis often talk of separation and in Baluchistan there is an ongoing war which gets talked about very little because it is so remote.

信德省常常提出與其他省分歧的意見,而俾路支省雖然一直在打仗,但因爲實在太偏遠了,幾乎無人關注。

Did all this fighting mean we needed to divide our country yet again?

這些鬥爭是否意味着我們應該再次把國家切割分裂呢?

When we left the museum some young men with flags were protesting outside.

我們離開博物館時,外面有些年輕男子舉着旗子在抗議。

They told us they were Seraiki speakers from southern Punjab and wanted their own province.

他們告訴我們,他們來自旁遮普省的南部,他們的語言是賽萊基語,他們想要擁有自己的省份。

There seemed to be so many things about which people were fighting.

人們可以找到無數的理由進行爭鬥。

If Christians, Hindus or Jews are really our enemies, as so many say, why are we Muslims fighting with each other?

但如果像那些人說的基督徒、印度教徒和猶太人都是我們的敵人,那我們穆斯林之間爲什麼還要內鬥?

We should focus on practical issues.

我們應該把關注點放在更爲實際的事上:

We have so many people in our country who are illiterate. And many women have no education at all.

我們國內有這麼多人是文盲,許多女性完全沒有接受過教育;

We live in a place where schools are blown up.

在我們的國家裏,學校會被炸;

We have no reliable electricity supply.

我們沒有穩定的電力;

Not a single day passes without the killing of at least one Pakistani.

每一天都有巴基斯坦人被殺害。