當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 頭部中槍的女孩(18)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 頭部中槍的女孩(18)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 7.03K 次

The hospital started giving daily news briefings on my condition.

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 頭部中槍的女孩(18)
院方開始針對我的病況提供每日簡報。

People just turned up wanting to see me – government ministers, diplomats, politicians, even an envoy from the Archbishop of Canterbury.

不斷有人想來探望我——政府官員、外交官、政治家,甚至坎特伯雷大主教都派了使者來致意。

Most brought bouquets, some of them exquisitely beautiful.

他們大多帶着花束,有些花束非常精緻而美麗。

One day Fiona Alexander brought me a bag of cards and toys and pictures.

有一天,菲奧娜·亞歷山大帶了一隻裝滿卡片、玩具和照片的袋子來給我。

It was Eid ul-Azha, 'Big Eid', our main religious holiday, so I thought maybe some Muslims had sent them.

當時適逢宰牲節,這是伊斯蘭教的主要節日,所以我以爲是一些穆斯林送給我的。

Then I saw the postage dates, from 10 October, 11 October, days before, and I realised it was nothing to do with Eid.

然後,我看到了郵戳日期,有10月10日、10月11日,甚至在這之前的都有,隨即我意識到這與宰牲節無關。

They were from people all over the world wishing me a speedy recovery, many of them schoolchildren.

這些禮物來自世界各地,許多發件人都是學童,祝福我早日康復。

I was astonished and Fiona laughed.

看見我一臉驚訝,菲奧娜笑了。

'You haven't seen anything yet.'

“你看到的不過是冰山一角而已呢!”

She told me there were sacks and sacks more, about 8,000 cards in total, many just addressed, 'Malala, Birmingham Hospital'.

她告訴我,外面還有很多袋,總共約有八千張卡片,很多上面都只註明“馬拉拉,伯明翰醫院”。

One was even addressed, 'The Girl Shot in the Head, Birmingham', yet it had got there.

甚至還有一封上面只寫了“頭部中槍的女孩,伯明翰”,不過它還是順利寄達了。

There were offers to adopt me as if I had no family and even a marriage proposal.

有些人表示他們願意收養我,好像我在這世上沒有任何親人一樣,甚至還有人向我求婚。

Rehanna told me that thousands and millions of people and children around the world had supported me and prayed for me.

蕾哈娜告訴我,世界上有好幾千萬個大人和孩子都在支持我,併爲我祈禱。

Then I realised that people had saved my life.

那一瞬間,我意識到,原來是這些人挽救了我的生命。

I had been spared for a reason.

我存活下來是有理由的。