當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:別忘記,世界上還有另一種人

雙語美文:別忘記,世界上還有另一種人

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 4.22K 次

I wrecked my car this week

ing-bottom: 75%;">雙語美文:別忘記,世界上還有另一種人

這個星期我把車撞壞了


and now it's at the collision shop.

現在車停在維修店裏


They're determining whether it's totaled or not.

店裏的員工將爲它定損,決定這車是否還有維修的價值。


I was waiting a long time on a ride today

今天我爲了搭車等了很長時間


and there was this red-faced homeless woman sitting outside the store with two bags,

其間我看到一個面色赤紅的流浪女人,她坐在一個商店外面,手裏拿着兩個袋子


so I started talking to her.

我和她交談起來


I told her my name.

我告訴她我的名字


She had a really sad, tragic story

她告訴了我一個十分傷感的悲劇故事


which made me very humbled and grateful for what I had

讓我爲自己所擁有的一切感到謙卑和感恩。


At one point she wanted to go inside and cash in a Lotto ticket.

我們談着談着,她想要到商店裏去,兌現一張樂透彩票。


I told her I'd watch her bags.

我告訴她我可以爲她看着包。


As I stood there with my cart full of stuff

於是,我站在商店門口,購物車裏裝滿了東西


I stared at those bags

我看着那兩隻揹包


and tried to imagine what it would be like to have all your belongings just in those two bags.

我努力想象,如果我的全部身家都在兩隻揹包裏,那會是怎樣的場景。


She was gone for awhile

她離開好一會兒了


and I wondered if she was coming back.

我開始懷疑,她還會不會回來。


She came back

還好她回來了


and as the manager ran her off, I asked her what her name was.

商店的經理走過來,想把她趕走。在她離開前,我問她的名字是什麼。


"Cindy Lou," she said.

Cindy Lou,她說。


"My sister's name is Cindy and her nickname is Cindy Lou!"

“我的姐姐也叫Cindy,她的小名就叫Cindy Lou!”


I exclaimed.

我遠遠的衝她喊道。


"Well my real name is Cindy Lou," she said.

“哦,我的真名就叫Cindy Lou”她說。


Then she was off with her stuff, headed down the street.

她帶着東西走遠,沿着街道向前走去。


I watched as she disappeared.

我目送着她的身影消失。


I tend to always feel sorry for myself when I lose my car which has happened many times

我經常把自己的車弄丟,每次發生這種事,我就會自怨自艾


but there this lady was, another reminder of how lucky I really am.

可是世界上還有這位流浪女人這樣的人,他們時刻提醒着我,實際上我是多麼幸運呀!


翻譯:小木