當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第204期:非洲遊獵 African Safari

美語情景對話 第204期:非洲遊獵 African Safari

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.8W 次

Jessica: Ashley, when you went to Kenya did you do a safari?

傑西卡:阿什莉,你去肯尼亞的時候有去遊獵嗎?

Ashley: Yes, it was incredible. Uh, we went of a five day safari. We were up every morning at 4:30 in the morning, um, to watch the animals and then we would have all day to kind of sit back and do nothing and then we'd go on another animal drive in the evening because that's when the animals are eating, so cause it's so hot in the day that they come out at dawn and dusk to graze. It was incredible. When we first started out, we weren't even in the national park, we were on our way to the park, and we saw some zebras and we were screaming at our safari driver,"Stop! Stop! There's zebras! There's Zebras!" And he's like, "Uh!", he's like,"You'll be sick of zebras by the end" and we were so sure, like there was no way, we will never be sick of zebras. We will never be sick of zebras animals, it's just, it's just to foreign, to incredible to us, but by the end we were like,"Uh, another zebra" No, I'm kidding, I mean still, it was incredible. We saw just lions and the whole thing, giraffes. Uh, to see giraffes run. Their necks, are just this wave. It's beautiful, so beautiful.

阿什莉:去了,非常棒。嗯,我們參加了一個爲期五天的遊獵行程。我們早上4點半就起牀去看動物了,之後我們就可以有一天的時間什麼都不做,放鬆一下,之後晚上的時候我們可以再去觀賞其他的動物,那是動物覓食的時間,因爲白天太熱了,所以他們都在黎明或黃昏時分出來活動覓食。那真是太不可思議了。剛開始的時候,我們都還沒有進入國家公園,我們就在去公園的路上就看到了斑馬,我們對這趟遊獵的司機喊道:“停車!停車!是斑馬!是斑馬!”他當時說,“行程結束的時候你們會厭倦斑馬的”,而我們非常確定,我們是絕對不會厭倦斑馬的。我們絕不會對斑馬感到厭倦,這對外國人來說,對我們來說簡直太不可思議了,但是行程結束的時候,我們只是說,“哦,另一隻斑馬”。不是啦,我開個玩笑。我的意思是,那仍然令人難以置信。我們在整個行程中看到了獅子還有長頸鹿。嗯,看到了長頸鹿奔跑。它們跑起來的時候脖子就這樣動。非常非常漂亮。

Jessica: So were you most impressed with the giraffe or?

傑西卡:那令你印象最深的是長頸鹿還是別的什麼?

Ashley: No, probably the lions. I mean, their the king. Just, we saw thirty different lions. It was, it was something out of a fairly tale. It was incredible. We even saw, we didn't see them make a kill but we saw them eating a kill, which was quite disgusting, but it was incredible to watch because there was a male lion who was, I guess he had already eaten cause you know the men eat first and then they let their families eat, but there was another male, we were trying to figure out the dynamic of it because he wouldn't, the one male was keeping the other one away and keeping him away so his cubs could eat and they were kind of fighting, growling, I mean we were only ten feet away from them, not even that, like five feet. We were right there. It smelled cause it was a dead, I don't know, buffalo. It was gross. But it was incredible.

阿什莉:不是,印象最深的可能是獅子。我的意思是,它們可是森林之王啊。我們大概看到了30種不同的獅子。它們就像從童話故事裏走出來的一樣。真令人難以置信。我們並沒有看到它們捕殺的場景,但是我們看到了它們吃捕殺到的動物的場景,那非常噁心,不過看到這樣的場景也很不可思議,因爲那有一隻雄性獅子,我想它已經吃過了,因爲你知道雄性獅子吃完以後纔會讓家人吃,但是那裏還有一隻雄性獅子,我們試圖弄明白它是不是還活着,因爲它都不動,那隻雄性獅子驅趕另一隻雄性獅子,讓它的孩子得以吃飯,它們進行了打鬥,一直在咆哮,我的意思是我們離它們只有10英尺的距離,可能都沒有,只有大概5英尺的距離。我們就在那裏。我們能聞到味道,可能因爲它已經死了,我也不知道,那是一隻水牛。那場面有點噁心。不過的確不可思議。

美語情景對話 第204期:非洲遊獵 African Safari

重點講解
1. sit back
寬舒地休息; 不採取行動;
eg. I like to sit back and rest in the evenings.
我喜歡在晚上什麼也不做,好好休息。
eg. Get on with the work—this is no time to sit back.
好好幹活,現在可不是坐着休息的時候。
2. be sick of
厭倦的;厭煩的;厭惡的;
eg. I am sick and tired of hearing all these people moaning...
我厭倦了聽這些人大發牢騷。
eg. Most people here are sick of violence.
這兒的大多數人都厭惡暴力。
3. be impressed with
對……有印象;
eg. We were deeply impressed with this sight.
風景給我留下了深刻的印象。
eg. I was deeply impressed with the changes brought about by the project.
這一工程帶來的變化給我們留下了很深的印象。