當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第457期:Favorite Fruits 最喜歡的水果

美語情景對話 第457期:Favorite Fruits 最喜歡的水果

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.04W 次

Todd: Hey Ruth, how's it going?

託德:嗨,魯斯,你最近過得怎麼樣?

Ruth: Fine, thank you. I'm fine. How are you?

魯斯:很好,謝謝你。我很好。你呢?

Todd: Good. Now Ruth, I was noticing that you are eating raisins.

託德:很好。魯斯,我注意到你在吃葡萄乾。

Ruth: That's right yes.

魯斯:沒錯,是的。

Todd: What is it with the raisins? You always have raisins!

託德:葡萄乾怎麼樣?你一直在吃葡萄乾!

Ruth: I really like raisins. They're so nice. They're so practical because you can take them anywhere. It's not like if you take other fruits with you: they squash and they bruise but raisins are so handy and they come in a little packet and you can always have fruit with you.

魯斯:我非常喜歡葡萄乾。它很好吃。而且也很方便,你可以帶着去任何地方。與其他水果不同,如果你要帶別的水果,那它們可能會被擠扁,會有傷痕,但是葡萄乾不會,因爲它方便攜帶,裝在小袋子裏帶着就隨時可以吃到水果了。

Todd: That's a pretty good point there actually but still, I mean, all the time? I see you with raisins every day!

託德:這點非常好,不過我是說一直。我看到你每天都帶着葡萄乾!

Ruth: I eat raisins every day. I really like them.

魯斯:我每天都吃葡萄乾。我非常喜歡它們。

Todd: Don't you get sick of them? I mean eating them every day?

託德:每天都吃你不會吃膩嗎?

Ruth: I don't ever get sick of things like raisins or broccoli for that matter. I could never get sick of it.

魯斯:我對葡萄乾和花椰菜這種食物從來不會厭煩。我從來不會吃膩。

Todd: Well that's strange. What about grapes? Because you like raisins do you like grapes?

託德:這真奇怪。那葡萄呢?既然你喜歡葡萄乾,那你喜歡葡萄嗎?

Ruth: Actually I prefer grapes. Grapes are probably my favourite fruit but they're not practical. You can't carry them around with you and they're heavier and they're more expensive as well. Raisins are cheap.

魯斯:實際上我更喜歡葡萄。葡萄是我最喜歡的水果,但是並不方便攜帶。你不能一直帶在身上,它們又重又貴。葡萄乾很便宜。

Todd: Have you ever noticed that grapes, at least when I eat grapes, my mouth gets a sensation (not the taste) but something about the texture of eating grapes: my mouth gets a sensation that no other food gives me?

託德:不知道你有沒有注意到,不過我每次吃葡萄的時候,嘴裏都會有種感覺(不是指味道),而是指葡萄的口感:我嘴裏會有一種其他食物給不了我的口感。

Ruth: Yeah that's true. I don't know why that is. Do you think that's because its slightly acidic maybe?

魯斯:沒錯。我不知道原因。你認爲那是因爲葡萄略帶酸性嗎?

Todd: Ah, could be.

託德:嗯,可能吧。

Ruth: I don't know but I like it.

魯斯:我不知道原因,不過我喜歡。

Todd: Yeah, grapes are great. Actually where I'm from in California it's a big producer of raisins.

託德:是啊,葡萄太好吃了。我來自加利福尼亞,那裏是葡萄乾的主要產地。

Ruth: Oh yeah that's right and you can get raisins in little red boxes can't you?

魯斯:對,沒錯,你可以買到裝在小紅盒子裏的葡萄乾,對吧?

Todd: Yeah. The thing is, I love raisins but not just plain. Eating raisins just doesn't do it for me but I love raisins in my cereal. And I love raisin bran. Best cereal ever made.

託德:對。實際上,我喜歡葡萄乾,不過不是普通的那種。我並不喜歡吃葡萄乾,可是我喜歡在麥片里加葡萄乾。我喜歡葡萄乾小麥片,那可是最棒的麥片。

Ruth: I really like it too.

魯斯:我也喜歡。

Todd: And I love raisins in cookies and raisin bread.

託德:我喜歡葡萄乾餅乾和葡萄乾麪包。

Ruth: I don't think I've ever had raisin bread.

魯斯:我想我沒吃過葡萄乾麪包。

Todd: What? You're like a big raisin fan. And you've never had raisin bread?

託德:什麼?你這麼喜歡葡萄乾,你卻沒吃過葡萄乾麪包?

Ruth: I don't think so. Is it like a teacake?

魯斯:我想是的。和茶葉餅乾類似嗎?

Todd: No, it's just like a sweet bread with raisins in the middle.

託德:不是,就是中間夾有葡萄乾的甜麪包。

Ruth: No, I've never had that.

魯斯:我沒吃過。

Todd: You are deprived!

託德:你太落伍了!

Ruth: Obviously!

魯斯:顯然是這樣的!

Todd: Well I'll find some raisin bread and I'll give it to you.

託德:我會去買些葡萄乾麪包給你。

Ruth: Oh you're a star, thank you.

魯斯:哦,你太貼心了,謝謝你。

美語情景對話 第457期:Favorite Fruits 最喜歡的水果

譯文屬僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解
1. all the time
一直;始終;
eg. We change subtly all the time.
我們每時每刻都在發生細微的變化。
eg. Machinery ought to be well maintained all the time.
機器應該隨時注意維護。
2. get sick of
厭倦的;厭煩的;厭惡的;
eg. I hope the weather fines up a litle, I'm starting to get sick of all this rain.
我希望天氣能好起來,我對這沒完沒了的下雨天已經開始厭煩了。
eg. I get sick of those who are always putting on airs.
我討厭那些總是裝腔作勢的人。
3. for that matter
同樣;而且;
eg. I didn't like it much. Nor did the kids, for that matter.
我不怎麼喜歡它。孩子們也同樣不喜歡。
eg. Your mother would never allow it,and for that matter,neither would I.
你母親決不會允許,就這一點來說,我也不會允許。