當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第526期:Irish Cliffs 愛爾蘭懸崖

美語情景對話 第526期:Irish Cliffs 愛爾蘭懸崖

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.55W 次

Todd: So, Marion, for people that go to Ireland, what's one place they really should visit?

託德:馬里昂,你建議計劃去愛爾蘭旅遊的人去哪些景點?

Marion: Well, one of my favorite spots is called the Cliffs of Moher.

馬里昂:我最喜歡的景點之一是莫赫懸崖。

Todd: The Cliffs of Moher.

託德:莫赫懸崖。

Marion: Yeah, and that's on the West Coast. It's quite near Galway, so it's a little bit to the south of Galway, I think.

馬里昂:對,在愛爾蘭西海岸。離戈爾韋市非常近,我想就位於戈爾韋南部附近。

Todd: OK, so it's near Galway.

託德:好,所以莫赫懸崖臨近戈爾韋市。

Marion: Yeah.

馬里昂:對。

Todd: OK.

託德:好。

Marion: That's a city on the West Coast of Ireland.

馬里昂:戈爾韋是愛爾蘭西海岸的一座城市。

Todd: What is this place, the Cliffs of Moher?

託德:莫赫懸崖怎麼樣?

Marion: The Cliffs of Moher are, as far as I know, are the tallest cliffs in Europe.

馬里昂:就我所知,莫赫懸崖是歐洲最高的懸崖。

Todd: Really, the tallest?

託德:真的嗎,是歐洲最高的?

Marion: Yeah. I'm pretty sure. Definitely the tallest cliffs in Ireland, but I'm quite sure that we have that distinction, that they're actually the tallest cliffs in the whole of Europe.

馬里昂:對,我非常確定。絕對是愛爾蘭最高的懸崖,同樣莫赫懸崖也享有歐洲最高懸崖這一美譽。

Todd: Wow. That's pretty cool. (Yeah) So when you go to these cliffs, what can you do? Can you climb down them, or?

託德:哇。太酷了。(是啊)去這些懸崖能做什麼?可以從上面爬下來嗎?

Marion: No, you can't. (What) I think if you tried, you might end up in the water and you may never get up again.

馬里昂:不,不行。(爲什麼)如果你這麼做了,你可能會掉進海里,而且再也上不來了。

Todd: You serious?

託德:你是認真的?

Marion: Yeah, it's quite scary. When I went there for the first time, I was quite young, and I went with my mother and brother and uncle, and I remember my mother was holding my hand, and my brother, who was younger than me, was of course more brave than I was, so he was going right up the edge, and looking over and leaning out and I was really, really scared because at that time, there was no barrier to keep you from falling in, so yeah, really, really scary.

馬里昂:對,非常可怕。我第一次去那裏時年紀很小,我是和我媽媽、弟弟還有叔叔一起去的,我記得當時我媽媽牽着我的手,我弟弟雖然年紀比我小,但是比我勇敢得多,他直接站到懸崖邊,探着身子往懸崖下面看,而我則非常害怕,因爲當時那裏沒有防止你摔下去的護欄,所以非常可怕。

Todd: I bet. So when you go to the Cliffs of Moher is it really windy, does it rain a lot?

託德:我相信。你去莫赫懸崖的時候是不是風很大,那裏經常下雨嗎?

Marion: Yeah, it's quite windy because you're right on the edge of Europe, basically you're facing the Atlantic ocean, which can get quite turbulent, there so you can see the waves crashing up against the cliffs. That's if you lean over of course. There's a flat area of rock where many tourists kind of lie on their stomachs and inch their way up to the edge and then they look over, but I was too scared when I went. I couldn't do it. I thought for sure I'd fall over and die.

馬里昂:對,風很大,因爲那裏是歐洲的邊緣,你面對着波濤洶涌的大西洋,你可以看到海浪不斷拍打着懸崖。當然這是在你斜着身子往下看的情況下。懸崖上有一塊平坦的岩石,許多遊客會趴在那上面,一點一點向懸崖邊移動以欣賞懸崖下面的景色,不過我當時太害怕了,所以不敢這麼做。因爲我認爲我肯定會掉下去摔死。

Todd: So assuming that someone goes to Ireland and they go to Dublin, they fly into Dublin, how will they get to the Cliffs of Moher?

託德:假設遊客是乘飛機前往愛爾蘭,他們抵達了都靈後要怎麼去莫赫懸崖呢?

Marion: Um, pretty easily. Actually, from Dublin you have the choice of going either by train, directly across to Galway, then from Galway, you would need to take a bus, so you could go from Dublin to Galway by bus as well, but the train is probably more comfortable and then it would be a shortish bus ride to the Cliffs of Moher, but obviously in Ireland, your best bet is really to hire a car if you can.

馬里昂:嗯,很簡單。從都靈可以選擇乘坐火車,到達戈爾韋市後再乘坐公共汽車,當然也可以乘坐汽車從都靈前往戈爾韋,不過火車要更舒適些,從戈爾韋到莫赫懸崖的車程非常短,如果可能的話,在愛爾蘭遊玩最好的選擇是租車。

Todd: OK. Well, sounds like a good place to go. Thanks Marion.

託德:好,聽起來是個不錯的地方。謝謝你,馬里昂。

Marion: No problem.

馬里昂:不客氣。

美語情景對話 第526期:Irish Cliffs 愛爾蘭懸崖

譯文屬僅供學習交流使未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解:
1. as far as I know
(用於表示不太確信)據我所知;
eg. So far as I know, she has a faculty of housekeeping.
就我所知,她很善於理家。
eg. As far as I know, he has no brothers.
就我所知,他根本沒有兄弟。
2. end up (in) sth./doing sth.
最終;結果;到頭來;
eg. When the uncertainties become greater than the certainties, we end up in a game of bluff.
情況愈發難以確定,我們最終陷入一個唬人的把戲中。
eg. Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.
善待乏味的人。有可能到頭來你在工作中也會變成一個乏味的人。
3. for sure
無疑;肯定;
eg. You'll have it for sure by the end of the week.
這個週末你一定能收到它的。
eg. But actually we're under great pressure for sure.
但實際上,我們也面臨着很大的壓力。
4. fall over
摔倒;跌倒;倒下;
eg. If he drinks more than two glasses of wine he falls over.
如果他喝酒超過兩杯,就會醉倒。
eg. Mrs Jenkins missed her footing and fell over.
詹金斯太太一腳踩空,跌倒在地。
5. best bet
最好的辦法,最佳措施;
eg. Wool is still the best bet in winter clothing.
冬令服裝仍以毛料最爲理想。
eg. Your best bet is to sell them now.
你現在最好的辦法就是把它們賣掉。