當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第111期:辛勤工作

迷你對話學地道口語第111期:辛勤工作

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.31W 次

迷你對話:

ing-bottom: 75%;">迷你對話學地道口語第111期:辛勤工作

A:I find my job extremely boring, and I almostbreak my back.

我發現我的工作相當無聊,而且我還乾得很辛苦。

B:Have you thought about changing your job.

想過換個工作嗎?

A:Not yet. What’s your opinion?

還沒有。你的意見呢?

B:If I were you, I would leave it at once.

如果我是你,我馬上就辭職。

地道表達:

break one’s back:辛勤工作

解詞釋義:

break是指“弄斷,弄破”,back是指“背部,脊樑”,字面意思是“弄斷脊樑”,用之形容工作十分地辛苦。It means “to work very hard, like a slave”。

支持範例:

Eg. I'm not going to break my back working for such low wages.

我纔不願爲這麼低的工資而拼命做活。

Eg. My pay is pretty good, though I have to break my back .

雖然我得辛苦非常工作,但是報酬是相當高的。

Eg. His wife was wasteful and he had to break his back.

他的太太很會花錢,所以他不得不努力辛苦工作。

Eg. I got angry and restless when I heard the result that there was no reward after breaking my back.

當我得知辛苦工作沒有報酬這一結果時,感到氣憤和煩躁。

詞海拾貝:

1.leave one’s job“辭職

Eg. You don' t like your job ? In that case why don' t you leave ?

你不喜歡這份工作? 那你怎麼不辭掉呢?

Eg. I plan to leave the present job in order to be able to get into the advertising business.

我想離開目前的工作是爲了進入廣告業務以尋求發展。

Eg. After only a month in the job, he felt restless and decided to leave it.

那工作他只幹了一個月就厭倦了, 決定辭職了。

Eg. The low salary is her principal reason for leave the job.

工資太低是她辭去那工作的最重要的原因。

2.at once:立刻,馬上

Eg. Let s pack up and start at once.

讓我們整理好行李立刻出發。

Eg. Aileen began at once to unburden her feelings.

愛玲立刻開始發泄她的感情。

Eg He attacked the difficulties at once.

他立即着手解決這些困難。

Eg. If you find anything wrong with the machine, you should put it right at once.

發現機器有故障,要及時排除。

口語短句

What is your opinion? 你的意見如何?

該句子用來徵詢別人的意見,以表示尊重他人。