當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第期:捧腹大笑,歇斯底里地笑

迷你對話學地道口語第期:捧腹大笑,歇斯底里地笑

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 4.15K 次

Dialogue:

迷你對話學地道口語第期:捧腹大笑,歇斯底里地笑

A: What's up? Why are they rolling in the aisles?

出什麼事了?他們爲什麼捧腹大笑?

B: I told them a joke just now.

我剛纔給他們講了個笑話。

A: Don't you know we are having a class now? Aren't you ashamed of your behavior?

不知道我們在上課嗎?你不爲你的行爲感到羞恥嗎?

一, 詞海拾貝

roll in the aisles

exp. To laughing uproariously or hysterically. (捧腹大笑,歇斯底里地笑

e.g. Your jokes are perfect for your speech tonight. You'll have them rolling in the aisles!

你的笑話很適合你今晚的演講。你會讓他們捧腹大笑的!

e.g. The comedian was very good indeed. He had the audience rolling in the aisles.

那個喜劇演員確實很好——他讓觀衆笑得前仰後合。

——Is this new man Funny, then?—— Funny! The way he tells jokes rolls them in the aisles.

——新來的這個人滑稽嗎?——滑稽!他講笑話的方式能使觀衆笑得前仰後合。

二, 語彙積累

1. be ashamed of:爲……感到羞愧

e.g. This morning you admitted you were ashamed of turning Mary away.

今天上午你承認對拒絕接待Mary感覺慚愧。

e.g. I feel ashamed of having done so little for my daughter.

我爲我的女兒做付出得很少而感到慚愧。

2. have a class:上課

e.g. I have got to hang up now as I have a class .

我現在得掛斷了,因爲我有課。

e.g. I 'd better be off now. I have a class .

我得走了,因爲我有課。

3. just now:剛纔

e.g. I' m afraid what I said just now was not called for.

恐怕我剛纔說的話本來是不必講的。

e.g. I had a little brush with him just now, that's all.

剛纔我跟他發生了一點口角,事情就是這樣。