當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 《Nikita》S02E07筆記:別輕視自己

《Nikita》S02E07筆記:別輕視自己

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.18W 次

ing-bottom: 75%;">《Nikita》S02E07筆記:別輕視自己

1、Just had a lot of time to reflect in here.

我在這裏有很多時間來反省自己。


reflect in

反照;照出。這裏是比喻意思“反省自己”


e.g: She could see her face reflected in the car's windshield.

她可以看到擋風玻璃反照出她的臉。


2、Can't beat yourself up over that.

別太自責。


beat yourself up

非常自責


e.g: If you do your best and you lose, you can't beat yourself up about it.

如果你盡力了但失敗了,不用太自責。


3、Either way, he put himself in Division's crosshairs.

不管怎樣,他都讓組織盯上自己了。


either way

不管怎樣;無論哪種方式


e.g: You can get to Edinburgh by train or plane, but either way it's very expensive.

你可以乘火車或飛機去愛丁堡,但是無論哪種方式都挺貴。


4、Didn't Oversight brief you on everything that went on inside Division?

上峯不是會把組織的一舉一動都通知你嗎?。


brief somebody on something

向某人彙報某事


e.g: The president has been fully briefed on the current situation in Haiti.

海地現在的情況已經全部彙報給了政府。


5、The chemist who had a heart attack was probably the tipping point.

今天早上那個藥劑師突發心臟病很可能就是轉折點。


tipping point

轉折點;臨界點


6、I'd ruled you out.

我還把你排除在外了。


rule out

排除


e.g: He has been ruled out of the match with a knee injury.

由於膝蓋受傷了,他不能參加比賽


7、Don't sell yourself short.

別輕視自己。


sell somebody/something short

輕視;低估


e.g: Don't sell yourself short - tell them about all your qualifications.

別低估自己——告訴他們你所有的優勢。


8、I won't consider anything until the hit on Ryan Fletcher is called off.

除非取消剷除Ryan Fletcher的行動否則我不會考慮的。


call off

取消


e.g: The trip to Italy might be called off.

去意大利的行程估計被取消了。


9、They have their claws so deep in you, you do not know what to believe.

他們對你的影響已經根深蒂固,你根本不知道該相信什麼。


have/get your claws into/in somebody

影響某人


e.g: The thought of Eloise getting her claws into the child made his blood run cold.

埃洛伊的思想影響着這孩子,使他十分害怕。


10、You ever pull a stunt like that 're through.

如果你再敢這樣去冒險......我們就分手。


pull a stunt

冒險;做傻事


e.g: Next time you pull a stunt like that don't expect me to get you out of trouble.

下次你再這樣冒險,別怪我不解救你。


11、They sided with Gaines.

他們站在Gaines那邊。


side with

支持;站在...那邊


e.g: Frank sided with David against their mother.

弗蘭克幫着大衛反對他們的母親。