當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語閱讀理解 > 回家的誘惑!暑假滾回家的23條理由

回家的誘惑!暑假滾回家的23條理由

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 4.35K 次

回家的誘惑!暑假滾回家的23條理由

1. When you first get home and see a stocked refrigerator and pantry.
一回家就看見滿滿當當的冰箱和食物櫃。

Because the memories of binging on boring college food like this are still fresh.
大學裏吃的無聊食物還記憶猶新。

2. Waking up to your favorite breakfast courtesy of Mom or Dad.
一覺醒來,發現爸媽已經準備好你最喜歡的早餐了。

3. Not worrying about your roommates eating the food in your pantry.
再也不用擔心室友偷吃你儲藏的食物了。

4. Going to the grocery store and picking out the slightly more expensive versions of your favorite foods because your parents are picking up the bill.
去小店的時候,可以買自己喜歡的但有點貴的食物,因爲有爸媽付賬。

Money-saving tips have a time and place—every day and in your apartment.
省錢也講天時地利——在家裏的每一天。

5. Going to a nice restaurant and letting your parents pick up the bill.
去不錯的餐廳吃飯,然後讓爸媽付賬。

6. Eating real food that doesn’t need loads of extra salt and pepper.
享受原汁原味的美食,不用加大把的鹽和胡椒來調味。

Why the heck do we use salt & pepper anyways?
說真的,我們爲什麼要用鹽和胡椒?

7. No. More. Dining. Hall.
再也不用去!食!堂!了!

8. Having a huge variety of snacks for your late-night, at-home Netflix binges.
深夜在家狂看電影的時候,身邊有一大堆零食。

9. Being able to make all the food on your Pinterest boards.
可以自己動手做Pinterest網站上搜集的所有食物。

10. Having a normal sized kitchen to do normal, adult cooking in.
在一個正常大小的廚房裏像一個大人一樣正常做飯。

11. Visiting all your favorite local restaurants regularly.
經常去當地你最喜歡的餐廳吃飯。

Nothing replaces the feeling of being recognized by the staff at your go-to local dive.
在經常去的餐館裏被工作人員認出來,這感覺簡直無可替代。12. A freezer full of popsicles, all day every day. Thanks, Mom.
冰箱裏全都是棒冰,每天都能來一根。老媽你真好!

13. Having every single spice at your disposal, not just salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
可以使用各種調料,不僅是鹽、胡椒和意大利調料。

Spice up your life, seriously.
說真的,給你的生活加點料吧!

14. And OMG IF your parents have a garden: Finally, you get fresh, natural food of the gods.
對了,如果你家裏有院子,那你還能嚐到上天賜予的新鮮無比的天然食物!

15. And maybe the most powerful and holy Kitchen-Aid that costs more than your month’s rent.
也許還因爲功能異常強大的廚寶而滾回家?它可比你一個月的房租還要貴。

16. Utilizing all of the makers that fit comfortably in a normal kitchen: waffle maker, panini maker, quesadilla maker.
在正常大小的廚房裏舒舒服服地使用各種廚具,比如華夫餅機、意大利三明治機和墨西哥起司薄餅機。

17. When you have friends over and your mom asks if you guys want snacks.
請朋友來家裏玩的時候,老媽會問“你們想不想吃點心?”

*Brings out tray of TV show inspired snacks*
拿點肥皂劇必備點心出來。

“Do you girls want some ‘Oliva Pope-Corn’?”
“孩子們,想吃爆米花麼?”

“Nah, I’d rather have Liz Lemon’s ‘Night Cheese’, please.”
“呃,我比較想吃奶酪,謝啦。”

18. Free coffee.
免費咖啡。

This DIY iced coffee, or that French pressed coffee. At home it’s your coffee, your way.
自制冰咖啡或法壓咖啡,在家想做什麼咖啡就做什麼咖啡。

19. Free alcohol.
免費酒水。

20. Free food everywhere.
到處都是免費的食物。

21. When your family orders pizza, it’s more like an event, rather than another MTWThF night at some unacceptable hour.
在家裏點披薩比較鄭重其事,而不像在學校那樣在某個倒黴的晚上纔不合時宜地點披薩做夜宵。

Or actually making this homemade, fancy pants pizza.
或者在家裏自制一個超級美的披薩。

22. Shouting “MOMDAD” when you’re having a cooking emergency instead of trying to juggle your cellphone and a pan that’s on fire.
做飯時出了狀況,你可以大叫“爸!媽!”,而不是一邊看着鍋着火,一邊慌慌張張地打電話。

Maybe after this summer they’ll trust you enough to let you to use the butane torch. oooooh.
也許過了這個暑假,他們終於可以放心讓你用丁烷點火槍了。好吧……

23. Eating every single crispy, juicy piece of food that your Mom or Dad cooks on the grill.
可以吃到爸媽在烤架上烤好的各種酥脆多汁的食物。

Then out-grill your old man after mastering these grilling tips.
還可以吃完就跑。不過掌握燒烤技巧後你就不需要爸媽啦。