當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語閱讀理解 > 生命是一場榮耀的冒險

生命是一場榮耀的冒險

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.41W 次

I was ten years old
那時我十歲
riding my bicycle
騎着自己的自行車
at break-neck speed
速度足以讓我摔斷脖子
down a hill near my home.
從家附近的山坡上向下俯衝
This was long before bike helmets were used
自行車頭盔是很久之後才發明的
Only a month before
就在一個月之前
I had hit a rock in the road,
我撞到馬路上的一塊石頭
flown over my handlebars
從車把手前面飛了出去
and smashed open my skull .
腦瓜開了瓢
I had walked home bleeding,
我渾身是血,走回了家
terrified my Mom,
嚇壞了我的母親
and gotten a trip to the hospital
去了一趟醫院
to have my skull stitched shut again.
才把我的腦殼縫合好了
The memory of a boy is brief, however,
可是,小男孩都是好了傷疤忘了疼
so here I was back on my bike,
所以此刻我又在自己的自行車上了
flying fearlessly down a hill again.
義無反顧,飛也似地從山坡上往下衝
I was picking up speed
我一路加速
as I neared a curve in the road.
很快衝到馬路上的一個拐彎處
I started to hit my brakes when I saw it:
直到我看到一樣東西,纔開始猛踩剎車
a pothole in the road.
馬路上有一個大坑!
Not wanting to go flying over my handlebars again
我可不想第二次從車把手前面飛出去
I twisted my wheel
我調轉車頭
and stomped on my foot brakes
踩住腳下的剎車
as hard as I could.
用盡全力
I could hear the tires skidding
我聽到輪胎摩擦地面的聲音
as I flew off the bike.
接着就從車上飛了起來
Thankfully,
幸好
this time I landed on my back
這次我是背部着地
and in the soft grass
底下是柔軟的草地
of the field along the side of the road.
原來是路邊的一塊草坪
I got up and laughed.
我站起來,大笑起來
I was happy to be alive
我爲自己還活着感到高興
and ready for one more ride
準備好了再騎一次
before heading home.
然後再回家
These days
如今
I am fifty one years old
我已經五十一歲了
and my bike riding days are far behind me.
騎着自行車撒野的歲月早已離我而去
I try not to stress my guardian too much these days either.
不過,我仍不敢讓自己的看護人過於心力憔悴
I am sure
我很確信
I made him work hard enough when I was a boy.
當自己年少的時候,我已經給他添了夠多的麻煩了
These days
如今
my adventures involve
我的冒險舉動包括
hugging my boys
擁抱我的兩個兒子
and petting my dogs.
輕拍我的狗
Still,
仍然
each day
每天
when I wake up in the morning
當我早上起牀的時候
I am happy to be alive.
我爲自己活着感到高興
Each day when I open my eyes
每天我睜開眼睛的時候
I am ready
我都準備好了
for one more ride through this life
在這趟生命之旅中再騎一次
before heading home.
在我回“家”之前
I am not sure
我不知道
how many days, months, or years I have left
自己還剩下多少天,多少個月,抑或多少年
but I am determined
但我決心
to live them all in laughter, love and joy.
要用歡笑,愛和喜悅度過每一天
Life is a glorious adventure .
生命是一次榮耀的冒險
Its most exciting parts, though ,
不過,這旅行中最精彩的時刻
aren’t when you risk your neck.
卻不是你差點摔斷脖子的時候
They are when you share your heart.
而是你將自己的心意分享出去的時候
May you give your love freely,
願你能自由的播撒自己的愛
to yourself,
願你愛自己
and to everyone else.
也愛所有其他的人
May you make your ride through this life
希望你能讓自己在這一世的旅行
a joyous one for everyone you can.
讓儘可能多的人感到快樂

生命是一場榮耀的冒險