當前位置

首頁 > 基礎學英語 > 零基礎學英語 > 與氣象相關的8種地道表達

與氣象相關的8種地道表達

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.1W 次

與氣象相關的8種地道表達

1. Raining cats and dogs

1.瓢潑大雨

pouring, raining very heavily

大雨傾盆


Where are you going, can’t you see it’s raining cats and dogs? You’ll get soaked in a minute if you go out now.

你要去哪,不知道外面正下大雨麼?這會出去一分鐘就能淋成落湯雞。

They didn’t go to the theme park because it was raining cats and dogs almost all day.

大雨幾乎持續了整整一天,因此,他們沒去主題公園。

 

2. Face like thunder

2.滿面怒氣

being clearly very angry or upset

面露怒氣或不悅


I don’t know what was happening, I just saw that a man with a face like thunder was chasing a little boy out of the grocer’s shop.

我不知道究竟發生了什麼事,只見一個男人怒氣衝衝地從雜貨鋪跑出來追逐一個小男孩。

She didn’t say anything but her face was like thunder; she slammed the door as she left, and we haven’t seen her ever since.

她雖然不言不語,但臉上卻陰雨密佈。離開時,她破門而出,從那以後,我們再也沒有見過她。

 

3. Storm in a teacup

3.小題大做

exaggerating a problem, anger or worry about something unimportant

過分放大小事的嚴重性、生氣的程度或過度擔心


Their debate was only a storm in a teacup – actually neither of them took the problem too serious.

他們的爭論不過是小題大做——實際上,他們都沒有把問題看得太重。

The reports about the demonstration are astorm in a teacup – there wasn’t as much violence there as they say.

關於示威遊行的報道簡直是小題大做——事實上,這件事並不像報道所描述的那樣暴力。

 

4. Chase rainbows

4.白日做夢

waste time trying to achieve something impossible

浪費時間追求不可能實現之事


My wife never believed I would make it as an executive manager; she always thought I was just chasing rainbows.

妻子從不相信我能成爲一名職業經理,一直以來都覺得我在白日做夢。

Can’t you see you’re only chasing rainbows? There’s no way to get this girl marry you.

難道你不覺得自己在做一件永遠不可能實現的事麼?這個女孩不可能嫁給你。

 

5. Lightning fast

5.快如閃電

extremely fast

形容速度極快


I don’t think we can keep up with him, he’s got a lightning fast bike.

我覺得咱們不可能追的上他,他騎起車來快如閃電。

The robbery lasted only a minute, and then the robbers disappeared in a lightning fast car.

搶劫僅僅持續了一分鐘,然後劫匪開車離開,像閃電般一樣消失了。

 

6. Head in the clouds

6.胡思亂想

having unrealistic or impractical ideas, daydreaming

不能實行的或不切實際的想法、幻想


Is your sister in love? I see her walking around all day with her head in the clouds.

你妹妹陷入愛情了麼?我見她一整天無所事事胡思亂想。

You have your head in the clouds if you think Mary will come to your birthday party after the nasty things you’ve done to her.

你對瑪麗做出那種事,還期待她來參加你的生日會,這簡直是幻想。

 

7. Snowed under

7.忙的不可開交

having too much to do

有許多事要做


I’d love to help you, but I’m completely snowed under at the moment.

我很想幫你,但是這會的確忙的不可開交。

Could you come over and fix the tap in the bathroom? But of course, only if you aren’t snowed under, it’s not so urgent.

如果你這會兒不忙的話,可以過來修一下浴室的水管嗎?當然了,這件事並不緊急。

 

8. Under the weather

8.身體不適

ill, sick, feeling unwell, sad or lacking energy

生病、不適、悲傷或缺乏活力


Do you mind if I stay out of work today? I’m feeling under the weather, I may have the flu.

你介意我今天不上班麼?我身體有些不舒服,也許得了流感。

I heard you were ill yesterday. Are you feeling better now or are you still under the weather?

聽說你昨天病了。現在好些了麼還是依舊不舒服?