當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:當命運對我說“不行”

雙語美文:當命運對我說“不行”

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 4.11K 次

"Please let my son be normal!"

ing-bottom: 100%;">雙語美文:當命運對我說“不行”

“請讓我的兒子恢復正常吧!”


I was a young Father.

那時我初爲人父


My first born son had been diagnosed with Autism two years earlier.

兩年前,我的第一個兒子被診斷出患有自閉症


His speech wasn't developing right.

他的表達能力沒有按照正常的規律發育


He had many repetitive behaviors.

他有很多刻板重複的行爲


Often he would cry for a long time for no reason.

時常他會無緣無故的大哭很久


My daughter

而我的女兒


who had been born two years after him

比他晚兩年出生


was developing normally,

發育卻很正常


out-pacing her brother.

發育水平已經超過了她的哥哥


My wife had been content with just the two of them

我的妻子對這兩個孩子感到心滿意足


but I'd wanted another son.

但我一直想要再生一個兒子


I wanted a normal son.

我想要一個正常的兒子


My ego wanted a son who would be just like me

我卑劣的希望有一個兒子,他和我一樣


and carry on the family name.

能夠延續香火


The doctors at the time had assured us that

當時的醫生篤定的告訴我們


the chances were one in ten thousand

只有萬分之一的機率


that we would have another child with Autism.

我們會再生一個自閉症的孩子


Still, a part of me was afraid.

可是,一部分的我還是心存恐懼


When we discovered then that

後來,當我們發現


my wife was pregnant with a boy again,

我的妻子又懷了一個男孩的時候


I remember saying this,

我記得自己曾這樣哀求


over and over and over.

一遍一遍又一遍的重複


As my third born child grew up,

當我的三兒子逐漸長大


however,

事與願違


it soon became clear that

我們很快發現


the doctors had been wrong.

醫生們的話錯了


It soon became clear that

很快事情就很清楚了


he had an even more extreme form of Autism

他的自閉症十分嚴重


than his older brother had.

比他的哥哥更甚


While his brother had eventually learned to talk,

當他的哥哥最終學會言談


read,

閱讀


and learn

學習的時候


my youngest son could say only a few words.

我最小的兒子只能說出寥寥幾個詞


His Autistic behaviors were much more severe.

他的自閉症病狀更加嚴重


He had many crying fits

他會時常大哭


and would hit himself.

還會打自己


He tore things up

他會把東西撕碎


and broke things.

還會打碎東西


He had trouble relating to us

他與我們交流十分困難


and was mainly lost in his own world.

大部分時間都沉浸在自己的世界裏


Life had said, "No" to my prayer.

命運對我的祈求說了“不行”


The journey that followed

之後的生活軌跡


has been a long and difficult one

變得漫長而艱辛


for my sons, my daughter,

對我的兩個兒子,我的女兒


their mother, and myself.

三個孩子的母親,和我自己都是如此


It still goes on today.

今天這旅程仍在繼續


It has been full of stress and pain

這旅途中充滿壓力和苦痛


but also learning and growth.

但也有學習和成長


It forced all of us down a path

它讓我們不得不走向一條道路


we didn't want to go,

一條我們本不願意走的路


but it was a path that led us all to greater love,

但這條路讓我們學會了更愛彼此


faith, and kindness.

學會信任,學會仁慈


In the end

最後


my two boys became my greatest teachers

我的兩個兒子都成爲了我最好的老師


on how to live

教會我如何生活


and how to love.

如何去愛


My oldest son now is a fountain of kindness

我的大兒子如今已然是善意的源泉


who gives out hugs easily

他會十分輕易的給予擁抱


and happily.

並且樂此不疲


His younger brother still doesn't speak much

他的弟弟並不怎麼說話


but has a laughter and innate joy

當他笑起來的時候,總透出內在的喜悅


that brightens my soul

那笑容照亮我的靈魂


each and every day of my life.

每一次,在我生活中的每一天都是如此


I often think that

我時常想到


if I could one day

如果有一天我也能夠


learn my oldest son's love

像我的大兒子那樣去愛


and my youngest son's joy

像我的小兒子那樣去喜悅


that I would know

我就會了解


how the happiest man in the world feel.

世界上最幸福的人是如何想的


I am no longer mad at my life

我不再對命運心存怨恨


either for saying, "No" to my prayer.

即便命運曾對我的祈求說“不行”


If He had said "Yes"

如果他曾說“好的”


I would never have become the person I am today.

我就不會變成今天的我這樣的人了


I wouldn't be writing this right now.

此刻我就不會寫着這篇文章了


I wouldn't be trying so hard to remind my readers

我也不會如此執意的提醒我的讀者們


of just how lucky we all are.

我們是多麼幸運啊


Sometimes

有時


life says "No" to something we ask for

生活對我們所求的某事說“不行”


in order to give us something much better.

是爲了給予我們某種更好的東西


Sometimes

有時


we don't know why

我們不知道


some of our wishes are answered

爲什麼自己的有些願望能夠實現


while others aren't.

另一些卻不行


All I know is that we are all loved.

我唯一知道的是,我們都被愛着


Life has a plan for us all.

生活早已爲我們所有人都做出了妥善的安排


And sometimes

所以,有時


we just have to trust

我們只需要去相信


even if we don't know the answers.

就算自己不知道答案


Live your life with love then.

帶着愛意去過自己的生活吧


Trust in life

相信生活


to lead you down the path

它會引領你一路走下去


you are meant to go.

走向註定的方向