當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:曾有一雙手救了我的命

雙語美文:曾有一雙手救了我的命

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.8W 次

Here's a story I collected from a total stranger.

ing-bottom: 75%;">雙語美文:曾有一雙手救了我的命

這個故事是我從一個完全陌生的女士那兒聽來的。


"Well, I was 11 when my family arrived at Fern lake overlook on Trail Ridge road in Rocky mountain national park.

“事情是這樣的。當時我才11歲,和家人一起搬到了費恩湖畔的一所房子居住,在那裏我們可以俯瞰落基山公家公園,還有縱貫山脊的徑山脊公路。

 

It was so beautiful to look miles across the Rockies and thousands of feet below into the valley.

站在高處眺望連綿不絕的落基山脈,俯瞰數千英尺之下的小村莊,風景優美極了。


My parents were busy getting lunch out of the trunk so I climbed over the wooden fence to get closer to the cliff edge for a better view.

我的父母都忙着從搬家卡車裏搬運食材,操持午飯。我一個人翻過木頭柵欄,向山崖走去,想一睹更好的景緻。


I started down a little hill but soon started sliding on loose pebble rocks.

我從一個小山坡上往下走,山坡上遍佈滑溜溜的鵝卵石,我很快開始不由自主的往下滑。


I fell on my butt, but kept going faster and faster to what seemed the edge of the world (a 2,000 foot drop).

我一屁股跌坐到地上,下滑的速度越來越快,眼前似乎就是世界盡頭(其實那是一個海拔2000英尺的懸崖)


In seconds I knew I was going to die.

我知道自己幾秒鐘之內就要死掉了。


My feet and legs went first over the edge at a high speed.

我的腳好雙腿已經飛速躍過了懸崖。


Then suddenly I felt two hands push hard on my chest and stopped me dead.

突然,我感到兩隻手緊緊的箍住了我的胸口,我猛地停了下來。


My heart was racing and I slowly inched my body back to where I finally could make it back up the hill.

我的心臟狂跳不止,我一點一點的往回挪,直到我可以翻身站起,走回山坡上。


My father was waiting there and screaming at me for doing such a dangerous stunt .

我的父親正在家門口等我,得知我的驚險經歷,狠狠教訓了我一頓。


I tried to tell him and my mom about the hands that saved my life, but to this day they don't believe me.

我告訴父親和母親,有一雙陌生的手救了我的命,儘管費盡脣舌,可是直到今天,他們都不相信這是真的。


They thought I was just trying to get out of trouble with a made up story.

他們認爲我只是編造了一個故事,好逃脫他們的教訓。


We parted ways, but I assured her that I believed every word of her story.

陌生的女士說完她的故事,我們很快就分道揚鑣了,臨別前我告訴她,我對她的故事深信不疑。


That's why I always ask people to share their miracles.

這就是爲什麼,我經常請人們分享他們的故事。


Each real story makes my day.

每個故事都讓我的一天充滿了正能量。


(翻譯:小木)