當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 世紀經典電影英文之羅馬假日

世紀經典電影英文之羅馬假日

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.79W 次

(可愛的安妮公主在訪問羅馬期間,厭煩繁瑣的皇家生活。她在牀上發泄不滿,而伯爵夫人毫不體諒地向她彙報明天的工作議程。)
ANN: (brushing her hair) I hate this nightgown. I hate all my nightgowns. And I hate all my underwear too.
安妮: (梳着頭髮)我討厭這件睡袍。我討厭所有的睡袍。我同樣討厭我的內衣。
COUNTESS: My dear, you have lovely things.
伯爵夫人:親愛的,你有很多可愛的東西。
ANN: But I'm not two hundred years old! (Dropping down on the bed) Why can't I sleep in pyjamas?
安妮: 但我可沒有兩百歲大!(倒在牀上) 爲什麼我不能穿着鬆睡衣睡覺?
COUNTESS: (looking up as she folds the sheets into place) Pyjamas!
伯爵夫人:(摺疊着牀單擡起頭)鬆睡衣!
ANN: (Just) the top half. Did you know there are people who sleep with absolutely nothing on at all?
安妮: 僅露出上頭。你知道有些人裸體而睡嗎?
COUNTESS: (opening the window) I rejoice to say that I did not.
伯爵夫人:(打開窗子)我很慶幸地說,我不知道。
ANN: (lying against the headboard, smiling as she hears distant music coming in through the window) Listen.
安妮:(靠着牀頭板躺着,微笑地聽着從窗外傳來的音樂)聽。
COUNTESS: Oh, and your slippers. Please put on your slippers and come away at the window. Your milk and crackers.
伯爵夫人: 嗨,你的拖鞋。 快穿上拖鞋,離開窗戶。 你的牛奶和餅乾在這裏。
ANN: (taking the tray; as the Countess helps her pull the covers over her) Everything we do is so wholesome【有營養的】.
安妮:(拿着托盤,伯爵夫人爲她取開蓋子) 我們所有的一切都是有益健康的。
COUNTESS: They'll help you to sleep.
伯爵夫人:它們有助睡眠。
ANN: (stubbornly) I'm too tired to sleep-- can't sleep a wink【瞬間】.
安妮:(倔強地) 我累得反而一點都睡不着。
COUNTESS: Now my dear, if you don't mind tomorrow's schedule--or schedule whichever you prefer-- both are correct. Eight thirty, breakfast here with the Embassy staff; nine o'clock, we leave for the Polinory Automotive Works where you'll be presented with a small car.
伯爵夫人:哦,親愛的,你喜歡明天的日程安排麼,或者說你喜歡哪個—兩個都不錯。八點半,和使館人員共進早餐;九點, 參觀波利若裏汽車工廠,你將獲贈一部小汽車。
ANN: (disinterested; absently playing with a napkin)Thank you.
安妮:(心不在焉地玩着餐巾)謝謝。
COUNTESS: Which you will not accept?
伯爵夫人:你會拒絕哪一個?
ANN: No, thank you.
安妮:不,謝謝。
COUNTESS: Ten thirty-five, inspection of Food and Agricultural Organization will present you with an olive【橄欖】 tree.
伯爵夫人: 十點三十五,視察農產品組織,你會被贈上一棵橄欖樹。
ANN: No, thank you.
安妮: 不,謝謝。
COUNTESS: Which you (will) accept?
伯爵夫人: 你答應嗎?
ANN: Thank you.
安妮: 謝謝。
COUNTESS: Ten fifty-five, the Newfoundling Home For Orphans. You will preside over the laying of the cornerstone; same speech as last Monday.
伯爵夫人: 十點五十五,到新建孤兒院。你將主持奠基典禮,和上次一樣的演講。
ANN: Trade relations?
安妮: 貿易關係?
COUNTESS: Yes.
伯爵夫人: 對。
ANN: (chewing a cracker) For the orphans?
安妮:(吃着一塊餅乾)爲孤兒的那次?
COUNTESS: No, no, the other one.
伯爵夫人: 不,另一次。
ANN: "Youth and progress".
安妮: “青少年與發展”。
COUNTESS: Precisely. Eleven forty-five, back here to rest. No, that's wrong... eleven forty-five, conference here with the press.
伯爵夫人: 很對,十一點四十五,回到這裏休息。 哦,搞錯了,十一點四十五在這裏舉行記者招待會。
ANN: "Sweetness and decency".
安妮: “甜美與高雅”。
COUNTESS: One o'clock sharp, lunch with the Foreign Ministry. You will wear your white lace and carry a small bouquet of very small pink roses. Three-o-five, presentation of a plaque【匾;銘牌】. Four-ten, review special guard of Police. Four forty-five,back here to change to your uniform to meet the international...
伯爵夫人: 一點整,和外交大臣共進午餐,你將戴上你的白色項鍊,捧着一束粉紅色的玫瑰。三點零五分,授匾。四點十分, 檢閱特別護衛隊。 四點四十五,回來換上制服接見國際……
ANN: (screaming at the Countess) STOP!!! (Looking away, her hair covering her face) Please stop! stop...!
安妮:(對着伯爵夫人尖叫)停下!(移開視線,頭髮遮臉)請停下來!別說了!
COUNTESS: (retrieving the tray) It's alright, dear, it didn't spill.
伯爵夫人:(收回托盤)做得好,親愛的,牛奶沒有溢出來。
*******************************************************************
額外成就
spill 除了指液體的“溢出”外,還通常引申爲消息的“泄漏、告知”。
如:You must get something in your mind, why don't spill it.
你一定有什麼心事,爲什麼不告訴我?
常與它連用的短語有:spill out ; spill the beans
一句經典諺語:It's no use crying over spilt milk.
不要對着打翻了的牛奶哭泣(後悔是沒有用的)。
*******************************************************************

世紀經典電影英文之羅馬假日


ANN: I don't care if it's spilled or not. I don't care if I'm drown in it (throws her head into the pillow)!
安妮: 我不管溢不溢出來。我不管會不會溺死於此(她把頭鑽進被窩裏)。
COUNTESS: (putting her hands on her shoulders to comfort her) My dear, you're ill. I'll send for Doctor Bonnachoven.
伯爵夫人:(把她的頭放在肩上安慰她)親愛的,你生病了,我會叫鮑那喬文醫生過來。
ANN: (turning over, facing the opposite way) I don't want Doctor Bonnachoven; please let me die in peace!
安妮:(轉過頭,背對着她)我不見鮑那喬文醫生,讓我安靜地死去吧!
COUNTESS: You're not dying.
伯爵夫人: 你不會死的。
ANN: (facing the Countess) Leave me.
安妮:(看着伯爵夫人)別理我。
*******************************************************************
額外成就
通常爲leave sb. alone 意爲“走開,別打擾”。
如:Don't try to interfere in my affairs, please leave me alone.
別試圖干涉我的事, 不要你管。(超級口語佳句)
*******************************************************************
COUNTESS: It's nerves,control yourself, Ann.
伯爵夫人: 你一定是神經出了問題,鎮靜點,安妮。

ANN: (throwing herself on the pillow, beating it with her fist) I don't want to!
安妮: (倒在枕頭上,拳頭亂捶) 我不要。
COUNTESS: (standing up straight, speaking with authority) Your Highness. I'll get Doctor Bonnachoven.
伯爵夫人:(筆直站起,命令地說)公主殿下,我去叫鮑那喬文醫生。
ANN: (looking up as she leaves) It's no use, I'll be dead before he gets here.
安妮:(擡頭看着她離去) 沒有用的,在他來之前,我就會死掉。

(安妮公主在逃出使館後,由於藥性發作,睡落街頭,恰巧被經過此地的本片男主角Joe,一家晚報記者,碰見。 )

JOE: Hey! hey, hey,... Hey, wake up!
喬: 嗨!嗨……醒醒!
ANN: Thank you very much, delighted.
安妮:謝謝,真高興。
JOE: Wake up.
喬: 醒醒。
ANN: No, thank you. Charmed.
安妮:不,謝謝。幸會。
*******************************************************************
額外成就
charmed 爲上層社會禮節用語, 體現說話人的高貴地位。 和一般情況下的pleased 意思一樣。
如:I'm charmed/ pleased to meet you. 很榮幸見到你。
*******************************************************************
JOE: Charmed too.
喬:很榮幸。
ANN: You may sit down.
安妮:賜坐。
JOE: I think you'd better sit up, much too young to get picked up by the police.
喬: 我想你最好坐起來, 警察不會把你抓起來的,你太小了。
ANN: Police?
安妮:警察?
JOE: Yep, police.
喬:是的,警—察。
ANN: Two-fifteen and back here to change. Two forty-five...
安妮:噢,2點15分回來換裝……2點45分……
JOE: You know, people who can't handle liquor shouldn't drink it.
喬: 你知道,沒什麼酒量的人就不該喝酒。
ANN: "If I were dead and buried and I heard your voice beneath the sod my heart of dust would still rejoice." Do you know that poem?
安妮:“哪怕我已死去,被安葬,塵土之下的心也會爲聽到你的聲音而歡悅。”
你知道這首詩嗎?
JOE: Huh, what do you know? (Sitting down) You're well-read, well-dressed; you're snoozing away in a public street. Would you care to make a statement?
喬: 你知道嗎?(坐下來) 你有學問,穿戴得體,卻睡在大街上,你能否解釋一下?
ANN: What the world needs is a return to sweetness and decency in the souls of its young men and...
安妮 :這世界需要甜美與高雅重新回到年輕一代的靈魂之中……
JOE: Yeah, I er, couldn't agree with you more, but erm--
喬: 對,我完全同意, 不過……
*******************************************************************
額外成就
安妮的語言和穿着充分暗示了她出自上流階層,這些讓男主人角Joe深感詫異就不足爲怪了。
couldn't agree with you any more. 意思是非常贊同
如 :I couldn't agree with you any more on the the proposal.
我非常贊同你的提議。
*******************************************************************
(喬聽到汽車駛過來的聲音,站起來,拍着她的肩膀。)
JOE: Get yourself some coffee, you'll be alright. Look, you take the cab.
喬:喝杯咖啡,你就會沒事的。看,你的車來了。
JOE: Come on, (takes her up by the arm) climb in the cab and go home.
喬:來,(用肩膀扶起她)我們上車回家。

(在記者招待會上,安妮面對着來自世界各個國家和地區的記者,發現喬也在其中。在回答記者問的過程中,安妮意味深長地表達了對喬期望和信任。)

MASTER OF CEREMONIES: Ladies and Gentlemen: Her Royal Highness will now answer your questions.
招待會主持:女士們,先生們, 現在你們可以向公主殿下提問。
CHIEF OF CORRESPONDENTS: I believe at the outset, Your Highness, that I should express the pleasure of all of us at your recovery from the recent illness.
記者代表:公主殿下, 首先我想代表全體人員對公主近期的康復表達歡欣之情。
*******************************************************************
額外成就
經典致詞, 試着把整句話脫口而出。
at the outset 一開始,等於 at the beginning。
如 :At the outset of his career he was full of optimism but not now.
一開始他對事業充滿了信心,但現在不再是這樣了。
*******************************************************************
ANN: Thank you.
安妮:謝謝!
AMERICAN CORRESPONDENT: Does Your Highness believe that Federation would be a possible solution to Europe's economic problems?
美國記者:公主殿下是否認爲,聯盟化將是解決歐洲經濟問題的可行方案?
ANN: I am in favour of any measure which would lead to closer cooperation in Europe.
安妮:我贊成一切能夠促進歐洲各國之間合作的任何舉措。
*******************************************************************
額外成就
in favour of 贊同
如 :I think all the people at meeting will be in favour of your opinion.
我想全體到會者都會贊同你的觀點。
在商務上in favour of 意思爲“以——爲受益人”
如 :Please open a Letter of Credit in favour of ABC company be-fore shipping.
請在裝運前以ABC公司爲受益人開立信用證。
*******************************************************************
CORRESPONDENT: And what, in the opinion of Your Highness, is the outlook for Friendship Among Nations?
記者:你認爲歐洲各國關係發展前景如何?
ANN: I have every faith in it-- (pausing; turning to look at Joe) as I have faith inin relations between people.
安妮:我對此充滿信心,(停頓,轉過頭看向喬)就像我對人們之間的情誼一樣。
JOE: May I say, speaking for my own press service,we believe that Your Highness's faith will not be unjustified.
*******************************************************************
額外成就
speak for 意思是“代表——說話” , 在此可以和in behalf of 互換。
如:Don't think you are speaking for/in behalf of everyone.
你只能夠代表你自己。
*******************************************************************
喬:請允許我,代表我的新聞社,我們相信公主的信心是不會判斷失誤的。
ANN: (looking at Joe; smiling very slightly to him) I am so glad to hear you say it.
安妮:(微笑地看着喬)我很高興聽你這麼說。
CORERESPONDENTS: Which of the cities visited did Your Highness enjoy the most? (Ann pauses as she looks at Joe.)
記者:公主殿下所訪問過的城市中最喜歡的是哪個?(安妮停下來看着喬)
ANN: Each in its own way rgettable. It would be difficult to-- Rome, by all means, Rome. I will cherish【珍惜】 my visit here, in memory, as long as I live.
安妮:每個城市都有自己的特色……令人難忘。 很難說……羅馬,無疑是羅馬。我會珍惜這裏的記憶,直到永遠!
*******************************************************************
額外成就
by all means 等於 anyway 不管怎麼樣,當然
如 :I think she is right by all means.
不管怎麼說,我想她是對的。
*******************************************************************