美語情景對話 第98期:一百萬美金 A Million Dollars
Todd: OK, Keith, if you won 1,000,000 dollars? No, wait, 10,000,000 dollars.
基思,如果你贏得了1百萬美元,不,1千萬美元,你會怎麼做?Keith: 10,000,000.
1千萬。Todd: If you won 10,000,000, what would you do?
如果你贏得1千萬,你會做什麼?
Keith: Well, first thing I'd do, I'd probably buy a nice house for me and my wife.
首先我可能會爲我和妻子買座很棒的房子。Todd: OK, where would this house be?
你想買哪裏的房子?Keith: Oh, I don't know. We'll have to talk about that with the wife but probably somewhere near Tokyo.
我不知道。我們得和我妻子商量一下,但我估計會在距離東京不遠的地方買。Todd: OK. Would yo buy a house in the city or the country?
你打算在城市還是郊區買房子?Keith: Well, a little further out of the middle of Tokyo.
大概會在東京中心地區外圍買。Todd: So, it'd be in Japan.?
那麼,肯定是在日本買房了?Keith: Yeah, in Japan, but some place not too crowded.
是的,在日本,但我會選擇人口不太稠密的地區。Todd: OK, would you have animals at this house?
好的,你會在自己的房子裏養狗嗎?Keith: Not if I could help it.
我會盡量不養。Todd: Really. No dog?
真的嗎,不養狗?Keith: Well, maybe a dog, but an outside dog.
也許會養一隻狗,但會是在戶外養的狗。Todd: You got to have a dog, man.
你得養只狗的。注:譯文屬原創,未經允許,請勿轉載。