當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第33期:sleep a wink 閤眼

The english we speak(BBC教學)第33期:sleep a wink 閤眼

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.34W 次

padding-bottom: 67.26%;">The english we speak(BBC教學)第33期:sleep a wink 閤眼

Neil:Welcome to The English We Speak with me - a very tired Neil - and Feifei.

尼爾:歡迎大家和我一起來到我們所說的英語---我們是非常疲憊的尼爾和菲菲。

Feifei:Hi, I'm Feifei.

菲菲:大家好,我是菲菲。

Neil: Oh, Feifei, I'm so tired.

尼爾:哦,菲菲,我好累啊。

Feifei: Me too. The kids?

菲菲:我也是。是孩子們嗎?

Neil: Ah, the kids kept me awake all night. As soon as one of them went back to sleep, the other one started screaming. What's your excuse?

尼爾:啊,孩子們折騰了我一夜。一旦他們其中的一個去睡覺了,另一個就會開始尖叫。你的理由是什麼?

Feifei: A mosquito.

菲菲:一隻蚊子。

Neil: A mosquito?

尼爾:一隻蚊子?

Feifei: Yes, there was a mosquito in my room. Every time I turned the light off and tried to go to sleep I heard buzzing in my ear. I haven't slept a wink.

菲菲:是的,我屋子裏有一隻蚊子。每次我關上燈想睡覺就能聽到我耳朵邊嗡嗡的聲音。我一夜都沒閤眼。

Neil: And I haven't slept a wink either! A wink is when you close and open one of your eyes very quickly once - usually to show friendliness or that you are having a joke with 's also a verb - to wink.

尼爾:我也一夜沒閤眼!眨眼就是你關上又睜開你的一隻眼的非常快的動作,經常用來表示友好或者你和某人開玩笑。這也是一個動詞--眨眼。

Feifei: So, if you say 'I haven't slept a wink' it means that you've had so little sleep,your eye didn't even close once!

菲菲:所以,如果你說“我一直沒閤眼”,這意思是你幾乎沒有睡覺,你的眼睛甚至一次也沒合過!

Neil: That's right. It's an exaggeration. Here are some examples:

尼爾:說得對。這是一個誇張的說法。這裏是一些例子:

A: You look terrible! What's the matter?

A:你看起來很糟糕!發生了什麼?

B: I haven't slept a wink. It was a really bad idea to move to a flat next to a pub.

B:我一直沒閤眼。搬到酒吧旁邊的公寓居住真是一個壞想法。

A: How about a trip to the cinema tonight?

A:今晚去電影院一趟怎麼樣?

B: Sorry I can't. I haven't slept a wink. There were cats outside fighting all night.

B:對不起我不行。我一直沒閤眼。整晚都有貓們在外面打架。

Neil: So, we can use 'I haven't slept a wink' to say that we are very tired because we haven't had much sleep. I can't wait to get home tonight and just jump into bed... I don't know how I'm going to get through the rest of this programme, let alone the rest of the day.

尼爾:所以,我們可以用“我一直沒閤眼”來說我們很疲憊因爲我們沒怎麼睡覺。我等不及今晚回家跳上牀了...我不知道我該怎樣挺過接下來的節目,更不要說剩下的一天了。

Feifei: Me neither.

菲菲:我也是。

Neil: Nice and quiet in here, though, isn't it?

尼爾:這裏很好很安靜,不是嗎?

Feifei: And dark.

菲菲:而且昏暗。

Neil: Do you think anyone would notice if we just...

尼爾:你覺得有人會注意到嗎,如果我們...

Feifei: That's a great idea! I'll just put these two chairs together.

菲菲:這是一個好辦法!我會把這兩個椅子放到一起。

Neil: And I'll rest my head on this desk and...

尼爾:我會把頭放在桌子上然後...

Both: Argh! Kids! Mosquitos! Is there anywhere to sleep? Argh!

一起:啊!孩子們!蚊子!還有其他睡覺的地方嗎?啊!