當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第134期:Glamping 豪華野營

The english we speak(BBC教學)第134期:Glamping 豪華野營

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.67W 次

The english we speak(BBC教學)第134期:Glamping 豪華野營

Neil: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Neil Edgeller.

尼爾:大家好,歡迎收聽地道英語節目。我是尼爾·埃傑勒。

Feifei: And I'm Feng Feifei. Neil you're looking very relaxed and healthy today.

菲菲:我是馮菲菲。尼爾,你今天看起來很放鬆,而且也很健康。

Neil: Oh, thanks Feifei, I've just come back from a camping holiday actually.

尼爾:哦,謝謝你,菲菲,實際上我剛去野營度假回來。

Feifei: A camping holiday?! Most people come back from camping looking like they need another holiday because of the lack of comfortable facilities!

菲菲:野營度假?大部分野營回來的人看上去都需要繼續休假,因爲野營地沒有舒適的設施。

Neil: Ah, well actually I cheated. I went glamping.

尼爾:實際上我說謊了。我參加的是豪華野營。

Feifei: Glamping?

菲菲:豪華野營?

Neil: Yes, glamping. Although I was staying in a tent, it was already set up when we arrived at the campsite, we slept on proper beds and even had a kitchen with a cooker and fridge.

尼爾:對,豪華野營。雖然我是住在帳篷裏,但其實當我們到達露營地時,帳篷已經搭好了,我們睡在舒服的牀上,那裏甚至還有配備爐具和冰箱的廚房。

Feifei: Wow, that sounds more glamorous than camping!

菲菲:哇,那聽起來可比普通的露營豪華多了!

Neil: Exactly! Glamorous camping. Put those two words together and you get…

尼爾:沒錯!豪華的露營。把這兩個詞組合在一起,就是……

Both: Glamping.

二人一起:豪華野營。

Feifei: Oh I see… glamping is a word made up of two words: glamorous…

菲菲:哦,我明白了……glamping這個詞是由兩個詞組成的:是豪華……

Neil: And camping.

尼爾:還有露營。

Feifei: It's glamorous because there are lots of facilities you don't normally get in a tent, such as proper beds and even a kitchen.

菲菲:稱爲豪華是因爲那裏有很多一般帳篷中不會有的設施,比如舒適的牀,甚至還有廚房。

Example

例子

A: I really hate camping… It reminds me of miserable holidays as a kid, sleeping on a cold, wet floor and eating horrible food!

A:我真的非常討厭露營……那讓我想起了孩提時代的痛苦假期,那時我睡在冰冷又潮溼的地上,而且食物也很糟糕!

B: You should try glamping. You get to spend time in the great outdoors but in a proper bed and with nice meals! It's wonderful!

B:你應該試試豪華野營。你可以在戶外享受愉快的時光,然後睡在舒服的牀上,享用美食!那非常美好!

Feifei: So do people really use this word 'glamping'?

菲菲:那glamping這個詞很常用嗎?

Neil: Yes, it's quite a new word and a bit of a joke, but you can read it and you do hear people use it because there are more and more companies offering glamping holidays.

尼爾:對,這是一個比較新的詞,而且有點玩笑的意味,不過你可以聽到人們使用這個詞,因爲現在有越來越多的公司提供豪華野營假期。

Feifei: Hmm…

菲菲:嗯……

Neil: What's up Feifei? I know you're a city girl, but wouldn't you like to try glamping?

尼爾:菲菲,怎麼了?我知道你是都市女孩,不過你不想試試豪華野營嗎?

Feifei: I'm not sure about that… Is there room service?

菲菲:我不太確定……那裏有客戶服務嗎?

Neil: Room service?! That's a step too far! I'm afraid that's too glamorous for glamping!

尼爾:客服服務?那太過了!恐怕這對豪華野營來說太奢華了!

Feifei: OK, how about a spa and massage room?!

菲菲:好吧,那有沒有水療室和按摩室?

Neil: Spa and massage room?! Honestly, it's still camping. Bye for now.

尼爾:水療室和按摩室?老實說,那實質上還只是露營而已。現在該結束節目了。

Feifei: Ha ha! Bye!

菲菲:哈哈!再見!

重點講解
1. set up
創建;建立;安排;組建;
eg. They set up a working party to look into the issue.
他們設立了一個特別工作組來調查這個問題。
eg. Tommy set up a bookshelf with a few pieces of wood.
湯米用幾塊木板搭成一個書架。
2. put together
裝配;組裝;拼合;組合;
eg. Vannevar bush put together a hard-working team.
萬瓦尼爾.布什組建了一個十分刻苦的團隊。
eg. These systems can be put together and used as knowledge management tools.
這些系統可以放在一起,用作知識管理工具。
3. remind sb. of sth.
使想起;使記起;提醒;
eg. I feel it is absolutely necessary for me to remind him of the meeting today.
我覺得絕對有必要提醒他今天要開會。
eg. He is fixated on things that remind him of his childhood.
他異常依戀那些使他回憶起童年生活的東西。