當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第24期:legend 傳奇

The english we speak(BBC教學)第24期:legend 傳奇

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.25W 次

ing-bottom: 67.26%;">The english we speak(BBC教學)第24期:legend 傳奇

Feifei: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak. We're in Finn's kitchen, and he's hard at work.

菲菲:大家好,歡迎來到我們所說的英語。我們現在位於芬的廚房裏,他正在辛苦地工作。

Finn: Hello.

芬:大家好。

Feifei: Finn. What are you doing?

菲菲:芬,你在幹什麼?

Finn: Just sawing this table.

芬:只是在鋸桌子。

Feifei: Sawing the table? Why?

菲菲:鋸桌子?爲什麼?

Finn: To make it round; a nice round shape.

芬:把它弄圓,一個好看的圓形。

Feifei: OK? Not quite sure why?

菲菲:好吧,但是爲什麼要這樣呢?

Finn: So I can have a round table. Like King Arthur...

芬:這樣我就可以有一個圓桌子了,和亞瑟王一樣。

Feifei: You mean like King Arthur in the British legend of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. Finn, that sounds a bit weird.

菲菲:你指像英國傳說裏的圓桌騎士王的首領亞瑟王那樣。芬,這聽起來怪怪的。

Finn: OK fine, don't laugh. Actually, hang on, I'm not very good at DIY. My saw is stuck - it won't move.

芬:好吧,不要笑。事實上,等一下,我不太擅長手工製作。我的鋸子卡住了,它動不了了。

Feifei: Give me that. You need to do it like this, nice and smooth.

菲菲:把它給我。你得這樣用,好用順暢。

Finn: Thanks Feifei, you're a legend.

芬:謝謝,菲菲,你真是個傳奇。

Feifei: No problem Finn. A legend. Unlike King Arthur and characters from myths and legends, who didn't really exist - you'll also hear the word 'legend' used to describe people around you.

菲菲:沒關係,芬。一個傳奇。不像亞瑟王和神話傳說裏的並不真實存在的人物,你會聽到“傳奇”這個詞用來形容你身邊的人。

Finn: Yes - in British slang, we say someone is a legend if they do something very helpful, very generous or very successfully - like in these examples:

芬:是的,在英國俚語裏,當別人幫了很大的忙,很慷慨或是很成功的時候,我們說他是一個傳奇,比如:

Thank you for that mate - you helped so much with the party today. You're a legend.

朋友謝謝你,今天的派對你幫了很大的忙,你是一個傳奇。

A: Hey, I found your car keys.

A:嘿,我發現了你的車鑰匙。

B: Oh great - you're a legend. I've been looking for an hour!

B:哦,太棒了,你是一個傳奇。我找了一個小時了!

He's a legend. He drove me to the airport at 5am.

他是一個傳奇,他早晨5點開車送我去機場。

Finn: And there we have it, a perfect round table.

芬:我們做好了,一個完美的圓桌子。

Feifei: Well done Finn. I'm impressed. Now what?

菲菲:太棒了芬。我很震驚。現在怎麼辦?

Finn: I thought we could invite a few friends round for dinner. Trouble is, I'm absolutely awful at cooking.

芬:我覺得我們可以邀請一些朋友來吃晚餐。但問題是,我完全不會做飯。

Feifei: Never fear - I'll do my special Sunday Roast...

菲菲:不要害怕,我會做我的週末特別烤肉。

Finn: Feifei, you are a legend.

芬:菲菲,你是一個傳奇。

Feifei: Well, you can buy the ingredients! We'll need beef, potatoes, flour, carrots. Before you go off to the shops, can you remind everyone of our website?

菲菲:那麼,你可以買一些原料!我們需要牛肉,土豆,麪粉,胡蘿蔔。你去商店之前,你可以提醒大家我們的網址嗎?

Finn: Of course - . See you next time everyone!

芬:當然可以—。下次見!

Feifei: Bye.

菲菲:再見。