Faith口語天天學第131期:borrow和lend的區別
你有沒有向別人借東西的習慣,或者你身邊的人常向你借東西呢。今天,就來講講借東西的英語表達法:
1. 首先,看看這個詞:borrow,向他人借東西,一般這樣來用:borrow something from somebody
You may borrow a laptop from your roommate. 你可以借用一下你同室的手提電腦。
They borrow a big sum of money from a bank. 他們向銀行貸了一大筆款.
Remember this policy: return everything you borrow. 記住這個原則:借東西要還。
She borrowed this theory from one article. 她是從一篇文章裏採納了這種理論.
May I borrow your magazine for a while? 我能借你的雜誌一會兒嗎?
2. lend: vt. & vi. 把……借給(借出去)
He neither lends nor borrows. 他既不借給人也不向人借。
Can you lend me 10 dollars? 能借給我10塊錢嗎?
I have a policy that I never lend money. 我有個原則:我從不借錢給別人。
Don't lend yourself to such dishonest schemes. 別參與這種欺詐的勾當。
Lend: vt.增加,增添
This poem lends itself to our program very well. 這首詩非常適合我們的節目。
I beg your pardon; you would like to borrow 2 dollars from me? Are you kidding,a poor woman like me, I'm not able to lend you even one penny. (請再說一遍,你想從我這兒借2塊錢?開玩笑吧,像我這樣的窮女人,我連1分錢都沒能力借給你啊)。