當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第68期:基礎不牢固

迷你對話學地道口語第68期:基礎不牢固

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.1W 次

迷你對話:

迷你對話學地道口語第68期:基礎不牢固

A :They got a divorce at last.

他們最終還是離婚了。

B:It's inenvitable. Their love wasbuilt on the sand, and this is why their marriage has landed on the rocks.

這是不可避免的,他們的愛情缺乏堅實的基礎,這就是他們是婚姻頻臨破裂的原因所在。

A:You said it. Love buit on the sand will soon be on the rocks.

你說得對,缺乏堅實基礎的愛情很快就會出現裂縫。

B:That give us a good lesson.

這給予我們一個很好的教訓。

地道表達:

built on the sand

小編講解

這個習語的字面意思就是“建立在沙土上”,我們知道沙土是很軟的,不能支撐人或重的物體,因此引申爲“不切實際”或“基礎不牢”。

支持範例:

Eg.I'm not surprised to learn that this company is in debt-he has very little experience of business, and the whole organization was built on sand.

聽到他公司虧空負債,我一點也不感到意外—他對商業不內行,整個體制的基礎都不牢固。

詞海拾貝:

a divorce:離婚

that I've got my divorce I feel as free as a bird.

由於我已經離婚,我覺得自由自在了。

never told me you got a divorce because of a dead tree.

你從未提過你離婚是因爲那棵死樹。

couple got a divorce because they could not get along.

那對夫婦離婚了,因爲他們相處不好。

got a divorce from him last year.

她去年和他離了婚。

last:最後

was pleased that at last he was extricated.

他很高興他終於獲得瞭解脫。

r a long dispute, he at last made a concession to me.

經過長時間的爭論,他終於對我讓步

wish to visit China has at last come true.

他要訪華的願望終於實現了。

last his plan came off.

他的計劃最終還是成功了。

the rocks

釋義1:(婚姻)瀕於破裂的

r marriage has been on the rocks for a couple of months.

他們的婚姻觸礁好幾個月了,已經瀕於破裂。

釋義2:身無分文的,手頭拮据的

ncially, you are on the rocks then?

那麼你的經濟狀況是不是很拮据呢?

the time I've paid all the bills I owe I shall be on the rocks.

等我付完了所有的欠帳,我就身無分文了。

釋義3:遭難的,遭殃的;破產的

she have a hunch that my business is going on the rocks?

她是不是預感到我的生意要垮臺?

company is on the rocks now and quite some employees are thinking of moving to other firms.

公司現在不看好,許多職員都在想着跳槽。

釋義4:(飲料)加冰的

liked Beam on the rocks.

她喜歡喝加小冰塊的比姆酒。

sb a good lesson:給予某人一個很好的教訓

Eg. If you have it in for the girl, I'll give you a good lesson.

如果你對這位姑娘使壞的話,我就會好好教訓你。

said it. 你說得對。