當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第915期:十分確信

迷你對話學地道口語第915期:十分確信

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 8.76K 次

第一, 迷你對話

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第915期:十分確信

A: Do you believe Tom’s promise?

你相信湯姆的承諾嗎?

B: I feel in my bones that he is lying.

我敢肯定他在說謊。

A: Yeah. He always breaks his words.

是的,他總是食言。

第二, 地道表達

feel in one’s bones that

1. 解詞釋義

Bone是“骨頭”的意思。該習語的意思是“從骨子裏感覺到……”,引申爲“十分確信”。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. I feel in my bones that my uncle Tom will come tomorrow.

我預感到湯姆大叔明天要來。

e.g. She felt in her bones that the decision was wrong.

她確信這項決定是錯誤的。

e.g. Maggie looked fearfully at Miss Agatha's blank face, and felt in her bones that another good beating was coming.

瑪吉恐懼地看着阿加莎小姐那張毫無表情的臉,確信自己又要挨一頓痛打了。

e.g. She felt in her bones that she would success.

她堅信自己能夠成功。

第三, 咬文嚼字

breaks one’s words:食言

e.g. He's not the sort of man who would go back on his word.

他不是那種會食言的人。

e.g. I would have broken my word without compunction.

我會毫無內疚地食言。

e.g. I've known him all his life, and he'd rather die than break his word.

我知道他的一生,他是寧死也不肯食言的。