當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第988期:獨來獨往

迷你對話學地道口語第988期:獨來獨往

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.86W 次

第一, 迷你對話

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第988期:獨來獨往

A: I don’t know why you keep yourself to yourself and refuse to be in touch with anyone.

我不知道你爲什麼老是獨來獨往,不跟別人聯繫。

B: I don’t know. Once bitten, twice shy, maybe.

我不知道,也許是一朝被蛇咬,十年怕井繩吧。

A: People are different. I know you were so much hurt, but do cheer up. It’s not the end of the world.

人和人是不一樣的,我知道你傷得很深,但是振作起來,還是有希望的。

B: I know. But my sixth tells me to keep myself to myself for the time being. I need to relax a little bit.

我知道,但是我的第六感官告訴我應該暫時不與人接觸,我需要放鬆一下。

第二, 地道表達

keep oneself to oneself

1. 解詞釋義

Keep oneself to oneself的意思是“獨來獨往”“不與人接觸”。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. Magnus kept himself to himself, seeing no visitors, avoiding even his family.

曼克奈斯獨來獨往,不見客人,連家裏人也避爾不見。

e.g. Nobody knows for certain what kind of man he is – he keeps himself to himself.

誰也不知道他是什麼樣的一個人——他總愛獨來獨往。

第三, 咬文嚼字

in touch with:和……有聯繫,和……有接觸

e.g. Are you in touch with Smith nowadays ?

目前你和史密斯有接觸嗎?

e.g. He helped to keep us in touch with what was going on there.

他幫助我們瞭解那兒的情況。

e.g. I haven' t been in touch with him since we left school five years ago.

我和他從五年前中學畢業以來就沒有聯繫過。

e.g. I shall be in touch with you again shortly.

我很快再和你聯繫。

cheer up:高興起來,振奮起來

e.g. Cheer up ! Victory is just round the corner.

加油!勝利就在眼前。

e.g. Cheer up, man. Things are not as bad as you think.

振作點,老兄。情況沒你想的那麼嚴重。

e.g. Cheer up. The worst hasn't happened yet.

別灰心,最壞的事還未發生。

e.g. Cheer up! Our troubles will soon be over.

振作起來!我們的困難很快就會過去。

for the time being:暫時,目前

e.g. Let's share the room for the time being.

我們暫時合住一個房間吧!

e.g. He had shelved thoughts of Jenny for the time being.

他暫時把詹妮置之腦後了。