當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1840期:獻身於...;致力於...;專心於...

迷你對話學地道口語第1840期:獻身於...;致力於...;專心於...

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.9W 次

第一,迷你對話

ing-bottom: 100%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1840期:獻身於...;致力於...;專心於...

A:What are you going to do when you grow up?

你長大了想幹什麼?

B:I'm going to be a teacher.

我想當老師。

A:A teacher? Then you must devote yourself to the education.

老師?那你必須獻身教育。

B:I will.

我會的。

第二,地道表達

devote oneself to something

1.解詞釋義

Devote oneself something的意思是“獻身於某物,致力於某物”。

2.拓展範例

He has devoted himself to teaching since he graduated from the college in 1962.

一九六二年他大學畢業後一直獻身於教育工作。

He often devoted himself to reading.

他常常專心於閱讀。

The doctor devoted himself to the cure of cancer.

這名醫生把自己奉獻於癌症的治療上。

Because I have completely devoted myself to my family, I refuse to relocate for work and upend their lives.

因爲我把自己完全奉獻給了我的家庭,我拒絕因工作而搬遷,攪亂他們的生活。

Unfortunately, Molly seems to have devoted herself to a dubious nonprofit organization.

不幸的是,莫莉似乎把自己奉獻給了一個可疑的非盈利組織。