一分鐘英語 第70期:On The Same Page 意見一致
Welcome to English in a Minute!
歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!If two people are on the same page in a book, they are reading the same thing.
如果兩個人同樣的一本書翻到了同一頁,說明他們在看相同的內容。But is that what this idiom really means? On The Same Page
但這是這個習語想要表達的意思嗎? On The Same Page
That restaurant was great, but I hate coming home smelling like cigarette smoke.
那家餐廳很棒,但是我討厭回家的時候自己身上全都是香菸的味道。I hear you. I wish the city would finally ban smoking indoors.
我明白。我真希望我們的城市能夠最終禁止室內吸菸。We're definitely on the same page there!
我們終於統一意見了!If you're on the same page as someone, it means you are thinking in a similar way.
如果你跟某人翻到了同一頁,意味着你們思考角度相似,It means you have a similar opinion about someone or something,
也意味着你們對於某物某事有着相同看法,or have the same understanding about a topic.
或者是針對某一話題有着同樣的理解。You don't actually have to be reading the same book as someone to have the same idea
事實上你不需要跟他人閱讀同一頁來獲取同樣的觀點this idiom can be used in all situations!
這個習語可以應用在各種條件下!And that's English in a Minute!
以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》。